High School in Mexico? Escuala Secundaria en Mexico?

I am doing a short presentation in Spanish on High schools in Mexico and am having trouble finding information on the subject.

If you live/ have ever liven in Mexico any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Voy a hacer una presentación breve de escuela secundaria para mi clase de Español pero no encuentro mucho información perteneciente a este.

Si vive/he vivido en Mexico alguna información es muy útil.

Muchas Gracias!!

Favorite Answer

What in Mexico is called la escuela secundaria is the equivalent of junior high school or middle school in the USA. High school is called escuela preparatoria. There is another term, escuela superior which translates literally as high school, but is actually a college level of education.

The course study for preparatoria is very similar to that in the USA. In the USA everyone has the right to attend public high school. In Mexico one must take an entry exam to enter public high school and not everyone passes. The public high schools are all extensions of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) or of the local state universities. Private preparatory schools abound for those who think they will receive a better education in a private school and for those who feel the need to make a statement about their social status. The public high schools often have two shifts, morning or afternoon to acoomodate all the students. Both public and private schools have sports teams and other activities similar to high schools in the USA. after three years one graduates from high school and may continue to university.

edit -re: the person who said that there are few computers, that no one drives to school and that all students in all schools use uniforms. Most schools have computers, but it is not unheard of that when the federal govt. buys computers for rural schools the local rural authorities keep the computers for themselves. Lots of high school kids drive to school as the girls with the Audi pointed out. She goes to a private school. Private high school and university campuses in Mexico are practically the the only place that have ample and adequate parking facilities! That said not some students drive themselves or ride with friends who drive, some are driven by parents, some take the school bus only private schools have school busses) and some take public transport while others walk or ride bikes - just like in the USA!!!! Uniforms are obligatory in all public schools preK - 9 and in most private schools, but not all. One of the wonderful things about our son's jr. high was that they were not required to wear a uniform every day - there was a school sweater and dress pants which had to be worn about once a semester when state officials would make an appointment to come by and inspect the school. In most high schools there is NO UNIFORM, although there are very reasonable dress codes.

The Audi girl from Cuernavaca is correct about the curriculum and as the kids in my family from elementary school through college were pointing out last night - although the quality of instruction varies from school to school English is taught in ALL SCHOOLS in Mexico from kindergarten on up.

Source(s): father of a Mexican student

1

Source(s): Spanish Lessons http://enle.info/SpanishLanguageLessons
  • dayan

High Schools In Mexico

• Rosa

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awyNJ

I studied in a public high school in Mexico. Here my experiences and memories: You have to present a admission exam to have a spot in your freshman year. The first semester you have to pass all your subjects if you want to continue the second semester (1984-1985). You had 3 opportunities to have a passing grade in any subject, so you present only the portion of the curriculum you fail. There is no cafeteria neither lunch time, the schedule is from 8 am to 1:50 pm and evening classes start at 2 pm to 8 pm. The school have cafeteria but you have to pay for your snacks. Extracurricular activities are limited, some schools have football team (no cheerleaders) and civic band (banda de guerra). The first 2 semesters are core curses and starting in 3rd semester you have to pick a career pathway, you cannot leave this career path until graduation (6th semester). There are no school bus, students are responsible to arrive and leave the school by their own. English is required for all students, basic skills and survival conversation is presented. I hope this info help.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Thank you!!

Voy a hacer una...

Source(s): high school mexico escuala secundaria en mexico: https://biturl.im/j24NG

Mexico City (Ciudad de México) could be the capital of Mexico and an incredible town surrounded by grand pile ranges. To see that city you are able to select the most effective option hotelbye . The city's area is unquestionably breathtaking. Two magnificent snow-covered volcanoes, Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, tower above it with their more of 5,000 meters. Mexico City also keeps countless pointers of its previous and those are issues that attract the tourists. The defeating center of Mexico City is Zócalo - the Plaza de la Constitución (Constitution Square) - where in actuality the country's first structure was proclaimed in 1813 and now's one of the most visited place of Mexico City since it's one of many world's largest squares. In Mexico City you may also visit: the National Palace, the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Templo Mayor.

Charlie that's not true, in fact high school here in my city in Mexico (Cuernavaca) everyone in my school have a car and drive to home everyday almost the majority in my city go to private school and I'm in a private school, because here there only 4 public high schools, and those who can not afford private and not passed the exam, run out to study ......

I´m a girl and I have an Audi A5, and I drive everyday to go to my school and I have 16 years, this is the minimum age to drive, not 18 ...

and of course we have extracurricular activities, for example I'm going to theater, ballet and golf ...

Almost nothing of what Charlie said is true: S

And I have English classes mandatory in my school since I have 3 years old.

The majority of the ones who study go to private school and the fees are about 5000 pesos the most cheap and the most expensive 15000 pesos monthly, like my school is 13000 pesos monthly........

Please! Don´t put anything in your presentation what charlie said cause that´s not true at all....

If you want I can tell you hows our real student life lize.fairy.harajuku@hotmail.com

:) GOOD LUCK :D

• Can anyone suggest a G.E.R. or high school equivalency diploma program? This is a program in which people of all ages study and later complete a big exam to receive the equivalency of a high school diploma.

Thank you

The easiest way to learn golf like a pro is by following "The Simple Golf Swing" program. It's primarily a 31 page eBook that teaches golfers how to make solid contact with the ball, how to avoid hitting fat, how to avoid slicing, how get more power, accuracy, and consistency in your swing. Consistency being the number 1 golf skill.

You not only get the eBook though, you also receive a ton of extra material including video, lessons on putting, driving, chipping, sand play etc. Here is their official site: http://www.golfswingguru.net

Well to save you a lot of work I can sugggest US Department of State Office of Overseas School contact Michael Hogan .

michael.hogan@asfg.mx

He has the authority of checking on schools in South America and was a teacher at the American School in Guadalajara and can answer your question very easily.

2asfg.mx

Source(s): Knowing the individual