How can you make a tattoo fade faster?

i just got a white ink tattoo near my heal/ankle 3 days ago. the "artist" screwed me over. its crooked, thick in some areas and thin in others but the thing that really upsets me is the font looks NOTHING like the pictures i showed him. yeah yeah yeah some of its my fault. lesson learned. since i wanted it done freehand to help the ink stay white i made him practice on paper, told him the corrections i wanted and turned to get my phone to show him and realized i was being tattooed :( but my question is has any of you had a side foot tattoo fade away? or white ink totally disappear? im taking good care of it now till its fully healed by the way so no worries there

Favorite Answer

You can go out in the sun a lot. That tends to fade tattoos quite quickly.

I use Rocco's Old School on my tattoos. All natural. Heals fast and healthy.

http://www.roccosoldschool.com

How To Make Tattoos Fade

As an FYI Ive done atleast a dozen all white tattoos and have 2 of them done on me and all of them were stenciled on the skin. The stencil in no way influences the color of the ink in the skin. Tattooing all white without a stencil is just a bad idea since white is hard to get to stay in anyways. And if your that paranoid about it atleast let him blood line it then clean the stencil off. But seems like its too late for all that.

The good news is white is fairly unobtrusive and easily covered and concealed. The bad news is depending on how well it was laid in the skin (and being your artist sounds like a twit i wouldnt bet it is) it may not fade at all for a long time.

Please please please dont use wrecking balm on your tattoo. 99.9% of the people that recommend it have never tried it they have only heard of it. Ive never seen it do a decent job of fading a tattoo. I had a customer trying to use it just to lighten a tattoo so we could have more options in doing a cover up. After 3 months of using it it wasnt appreciably faded and he put up with alot of soreness and pain for it.

The sun will fade your tattoo but how long it will take who knows. Like i said earlier depends on the ink. I have white ink in a tattoo that was done 15 years ago thats still fairly bright and it gets well suntanned every summer. Being its on your foot and the dynamics of the skin there it is possible it will fade faster. But in this case your kinda hoping the guy was incompetent and didnt get the ink in solid or deep enough. I would wait until about a month after the scab has come off to start sizing up your options that way you can see really what your dealing with.

Your best bet would be to have someone fix it. Without seeing it hard to say what all the options on it are but either the white should be able to be fixed or a cover up can be performed.

Get a cover up done but obviously with a different guy. As for fading faster well the more you expose it to the elements the more a tattoo fades so things like tanning, swimming and so on. But that takes years.

It really depends mostly on how much sun you get, but also on how well your body handles ink (some people can't get tattoos because their bodies reject ink totally) and how good your artist is. If you go to a professional shop, and you make sure to apply sunscreen if you are going to be in the sun, and reapply it after swimming or otherwise getting wet, then your tattoo should be fine. My mom had a wrist tattoo done about a year and a half ago, and it still looks good as new.

Unfortunately there is no way to make it "fade faster". Im sorry you got screwed...thats why its important to have an artist who can draw. But given its white, i wouldnt be surprised if you see significant fade by the time its done healing (5 weeks and for days from now...6 weeks healing time). Go to another artist and have a cover up done.

Yes, you can make it fade faster, in fact you can get rid of it completely just use WreckingBalm

It's white. Let it heal. Go to a better artist (do some research, not who is cheapest), and get it covered.