Do you consider Zoe Saldana a Black or mixed race Hispanic?

I know that a lot of people consider her Black, but she looks mixed & half white to me like Halle Berry or Mel B. What do you think?

Bonus Question: Why do people consider Dominicans Black but Consider Mexicans mixed? Mexicans are more indigenous than Dominicans are African.

I have been to Mexico 5 times & most people there look indigenous, while most Dominicans look half white like Halle Berry or Derek Jeter, obviously mixed & not Black.

Best Answer

she's mixed, and she's not an isolated case. DR is 73% black&white mix, and the rest are pure black and white.

I know you white males want to deny ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL half black people to get free pass in date black women and you're doing it since ever in all americas and africa, europe and so. However, she's not half white and mixed in the real world as many other people. she's half white AND black. Nuff said:

Republic Dominican demography:

Ethnic groups

mixed 73%, white 16%, black 11%

Zoe Saldana was born Zoe Yadira Zaldaña Nazario[4][5] or Zoe Yadira Zaldana Nazario[1] in Passaic, New Jersey,[2][6] United States. Her father, Aridio Zaldaña, is Dominican, and her mother, Asalia Nazario, is Puerto Rican.

You need to travel to the Dominican Republic. Ive been there and you would think you are in Subsaharan Africa. Im black Carribean and in my country we dont have people so black. Many Dominicans are midnight black and the color of tar. The mixed Dominicans are the minority. Dominicans on the whole are darker than African Americans in Punta Cana especially. Zoe Saldana is black just like your average African American . She is no diferent. Halle Berry and Derek Jeter are alot more mixed than Zoe. Also Mexicans are mixed in the entirety.

Source(s): Ive traveled to the Dominican Republic and Mexico

I would say she is mixed... but some people don"t accept the right that dominicans have, to say they're black and white ( mixed ). If some US-americans use the rule of one drop, it does not apply to the rest of the world. I am dominican, and I am mixed because I have black genes but I can't deny my other part that comes from spanish ancestors too.

I would consider her Black Hispanic honestly (she obviously mixed to some degree though)

BQ: I think it's because many Americans still believe in the one drop rule and are quick to label anyone who looks Black as Black. This is only an American issue because other countries are content with people saying they're mixed rather than forcing them to pick a race. Also, most people think that Dominicans look 100% Black which isn't the case. I've met a lot of Dominicans and most look biracial, not 100% Black or 100% White. Many look stereotypically biracial (tan skin, dark curly hair, brown eyes, mix of Black and White facial features), while some have pale skin with some Black features and others were dark with more White features. The ones who look completely Black or completely White are minorities.

Asalia Nazario

She said she is a black woman, not African-American but just a black woman. I think people should respect that.

Most American blacks are mixed, I don't hear anyone calling us mixed.

Also, just because someone looks a certain way does not tell you at all what their background is.

Most Dominicans don't want to be considered black, they want to be considered Dominican, so to me they are Hispanic origin.

Race is a social construct anyway.

shes black

• Zoe -black

Mexicans rarely rarely have black ancestry thats why. Dominicans on the other hand often times do.