DVeek
DVeek asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Becoming a pro fighter?

Hi I just turned 15 and I've been training in Shotokan Karate for 2 years and Muay Thai for just over 2 months. I'm 5 feet 8 inches and 135 pounds. I'm somewhat muscular quite lean and strong. I'm good at Karate and Muay Thai and I plan to add BJJ to my training within the next couple years. I train at reputable gyms with good instructors in Muay Thai and Karate. I eat well and exercise regularly using weights, jump ropes, punching bags, bodyweight/plyometrics. I train my techniques via shadowboxing pad work and partner work as well as training in the gym for Muay Thai twice a week and the Dojo twice a week for karate. I know how to hit and I know how to take a hit. How do my chances look at being a pro UFC fighter someday? What do I need to add or change?

Favorite Answer

Deff. Get you a good ground game. There is a lot more to BJJ than most people think and takes awhile to master the techniques but if you stay dedicated you'll have it down enough to step into anamateure bout. They are all overespeciallyy at casinos down here and usually consist ofinexperiencedd fighters, would be a good start to get your first taste of the ring. Anyway you still have a couple of years before that and plenty of time to practice.

Good luck to ya.

First, let's say you still have a lot of practicing to do