Marine Officer or Army Officer?

I plan on doing ROTC but I can't decide between Army and Marines. I plan on doing Rangers if i go army but idk what is considered more elite being an Marine soldier or an Army Soldier... I know rangers aren't basic soldiers but what would you say is more honorable marine officer or army officer/ranger? Also what is the major difference between army officers jobs in the war now and marine officers job now in the war?

Favorite Answer

Being "elite" is overrated.

Will you still be the same person if you are a LT in the Marines or if you are a LT in the Army? Of course you are the same person. You make you elite, you and how hard you work at the training not the uniform or the service. Do what you want to do, seek out the best training and inject your self with some "charlie sheen" and be a rock star from mars.

Good Luck

I myself am going to be a Marine officer quite soon. I think there is more pride in being a Marine myself although the Army is very credible. The Army Rangers are very elite but, in my opinion Marine First Recon is on top. Truthfully, it comes down to your personal opinion, do you want to be thought of, wrongly, as not the smartest person or do you want to be considered rebellious. And just to say... the last sentence is not exactly my opinion, just a few stereotypical comments. Also, every branch has the same pay grades (except coast guard) so that's not a factor of your decision. The jobs depend on what you're doing; Infantry, Sapper (combat engineer), Gunner etc. mostly the jobs are the same but most people would tell you that currently the Army is typically doing more missions but, the Marines are in just the same conditions.

I hope this helps...

Marine officers in the war are in control of anywhere from squads to companies of soldiers. Army has a more variety in jobs. In the marines raising up in the pay grade is a longer process because they are more of a guarding type job when there is no war. Either is honorable but you should talk to the two different recruiters.

Aside from saying "Marine soldier". Both are honorable jobs, both are tough jobs leading troops, both are commissioned by the president (on paper) lol. both get paid the same. just choose a branch you like. Marines got some spec ops fields to. Rangers are badass tho, guess it comes down to personal preference as always eh?

• Rufus

So, you're going to be an elite officer. Join the Army. The Marines don't want you.

They are both honorable. And there isn't a major difference to how each operate. Just do what you want to do! I'm sure you will make the right decision. Good luck!

hi burt! i think army officers are way cuter!

I am going to guess you are in high school...