Why doesn't Portia de Rossi sound Australian?

I understand that, over time, being around people who speak a certain way will influence your way of speech. I completely understand this from experience.

However, your general voice develops your usual pronunciations at around age seven or so (at least, this is what I've been told). So while there is definitely a possibility of your voice changing decently, it shouldn't alter entirely .. not naturally anyway.

I don't know much about Portia de Rossi, which is why I'm asking this in the first place. I read somewhere that she attended a university in Melbourne, but I don't know much about that. However, if it is true, this just confuses me even more .. because, at that age, I mean .. well, her voice shouldn't have become as Americanized as it has.

Don't get me wrong, I am able to pick up the Aussie bits to her voice in certain interviews I've seen, but the American accent type thing definitely dominates, and I'd like to understand why.

I heard that in her book it explains this, but I'm not that concerned to go buy a book and then find out that I was lied to, haha.

Favorite Answer

When Portia began acting in the States, she made a point to speak "normally" because she thought it would make her fit in better as an American actress.

Source(s): I read her book.
  • jessup

Portia De Rossi Australian Accent

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

However, your general voice develops your usual pronunciations at around age seven or so (at least, this is what I've been told). So...

Source(s): doesn 39 portia de rossi sound australian: https://biturl.im/MCtjD

Sometimes she's look pretty but sometimes not really. It's depends on her hair styles and dress.

• Susan

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/LqID5

oh my gooodnesss!!! ii think shes super sexy!