Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where can I go online to see if I have a warrant for my arrest in the State of Texas?

I'm not too sure if I have a warrant for a no front plate on my car a couple years back

5 Answers

  • Chet
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I must disagree with a previous poster. In the state of Texas a class c traffic ticket is a criminal offense. So, unlike many states you are entitled to all the protections under the United States and Texas Constitutions. And Texas will arrest for not paying tickets. The strange thing is there is no central data base for class c chargers. There is for a,b misdemeanors and felonies. You would have to call the agency that issued the ticket or the JP that issued the warrant. Since, by law, agencies do not have to enter class c charges in a data base there is no standard by which they all operate.

    Warrants for Class B and A misdemeanors (Theft by Check, Family Violence, Theft, DWI, DWLI etc.) are entered into the TCIC database. This allows for statewide arrest and extradition and will show up whenever a police officer anywhere in Texas accesses it. Class C warrants may not be entered into this system, but are nonetheless valid .......

    (I try to always post the law from the state of Texas' web site. But in this case I can not find it. I have read it but do not remember where it is).


    Found it, warrants are included in Texas CCH.

    See (a)(2)(b)

  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    You wouldn't have a warrant for this. If you were given and citation and did not pay it they could be looking for you to serve you a summons to appear in court. They would not arrest you as this is not a criminal offense. Most states have a public records website, find your state's official website, they will be able to direct you to the correct place. You can also call the police station and ask how you go about finding out if you have anything hanging out there.

  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    a chew of paper telling him to stay away shouldn't guard you if he chooses to break you or your toddlers. there replaced right into a chew of paper on the door of a school prohibiting firearms interior the college, yet that did not guard the toddlers who have been murdered. each and all of the shielding order will do is enable regulation enforcement to charge him with one extra crime if he violates the order. in case you be attentive to the place he presently is, call 911 and checklist it. in case you don't be attentive to the place he's, yet be attentive to the place he hangs out, works, or lives, call the non-emergency extensive type and tell the police so as that they are in a place to attempt to seize him.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Just go to the Police Station and ask.


  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago you couldn't be arrested for that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.