Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 10 years ago

Is it illegal to get games for free?

I found a site that gives out free games,and i mean big games like grand theft auto or halo and im afraid to download because im not sure if its piracy?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it is illegal. As is downloading illegal music, pirated movies, etc.

if you want to get the game for cheap, you can probably find it used at gamestop or on ebay

• 10 years ago

If the developer hasn't publicly stated that they have made that certain game public (basically all recent big-name games), then it is most likely piracy. Plus, you'll most likely bug and infect your system.

Games that are legally free have been authorized by the developer, such as Red Alert 1.

• 10 years ago

Well it is illegal but that sounds really dodgy and sound more like a virus scam too me... but even though its illegal no one can find out so it doesnt really matter just dont go online to play them, and if you do want to download pirated games download them off a torrent.

• 10 years ago

Yes, it is illegal. Go to a local store that sells used games. Cheaper than paying the $250,000 in fines if you get caught.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Yes it is illegal. Anything that seems too good to be true is.

Source(s): 28 years on this earth.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes it is.You can even go to jail.I have a better idea for you.If you go to this site

http://bitly.com/gNTZd4 you can download all the free games you want

• 10 years ago

whats the site?

• 10 years ago

yes, it is illegal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.