Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 9 years ago

Flight from London to California for under £550?

Hi there, I intend to fly out from London to California on Wednesday 16th April and leave on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd (whatever one is cheapest).

Money is extremely tight but I desperately need to get to the San Francisco airport (SFO) on those dates so I've been searching for hours and hours pretty much everyday for the past couple of weeks and my mind is just getting so overloaded.

I've found ones like this:

http://www.traveloworld.co.uk/BookNow.aspx?id=4189

.. And many others that have similar prices, or ones that are just over £400. They're super cheap, but after looking at reviews of the site and many others like it, I've seen scam after scam. Some of the prices I've found are ridiculously expensive, but the cheapest I think I've found is £600.

Can anyone help me find a fare that is under £550, if not then around that price? I'd appreciate it so so much, thank you!

Will respond to people's answers and questions.

Oh, and please refrain from just posting flight fare search engines.

Thank you again!

@ Rolla Fan; Ahh, thanks for the information; that sucks. But thank you so much for going out of your way to help me o:

@ Dan; It is! Sorry people, I got mixed up with the calendar for March (see what I mean about stress? Lol.) I meant Wednesday 13th April. And thank you very much if you do :)

@ Rolla Fan; Thank you, so much!! I really appreciate your taking your own time out to help me.

I went on that site, spent a while trying a variety of different routes, etc. but I could only get the cheapest to $1,021.10, for both days (Friday and Saturday). Do you think the price you listed has changed since your post, or is it still on there and I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again!

@ Taiwan's Independence; Noted, thanks :)

Favorite Answer

It is extremely hard to find the fare from LHR-SFO-LHR under 550 quid because the UK airports have started charging an "extra" taxes or the APD (Air Passenger Duty).

Another EDIT:

You have to go to Britishairways.com...

Check your flight itinerary details

Outbound - Wednesday 13 Apr, 2011

£ 602.33

Email price quote

Currency calculator

Change flights

10:15

13 Apr 12:55

13 Apr Heathrow (London) O'Hare (Chicago) BA1542

American Airlines Economy

14:45

13 Apr 17:20

13 Apr O'Hare (Chicago) San Francisco International AA1697

American Airlines Economy

Inbound - Friday 22 Apr, 2011

09:20

22 Apr 15:30

22 Apr San Francisco International O'Hare (Chicago) AA1758

American Airlines Economy

17:10

22 Apr 06:55

23 Apr O'Hare (Chicago) Heathrow (London) BA0294

British Airways World Traveller

Price breakdown

Passenger Price Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges per person Inclusive total*

1 Adult £ 318.00 £ 284.33 £ 602.33

If you find exactly the same flight cheaper on another US website, we'll refund the difference.

BA Price Promise

The price quoted excludes a surcharge of £4.50 per passenger that will be levied if you pay by credit card or with PayPal.

* The inclusive total of your ticket includes a security, insurance and fuel surcharge per flight levied by the carrier

More details

I don't know if I can be more of a help, but that should be somewhat close to your ideal range... best wishes... If British Airways does not work, I would advise you to check on Continental/United/Delta. Not the American Airlines as they tend to be little pricey than United/Continental for the most of the time. Also, keep in mind that you need to book a ticket as soon as possible as the rate will go up rapidly if you are not buying the tickets soon enough.

• Dan

16th April is a Saturday. Let me know if the dates you stated above are correct. I'll have a look for you.

Edit: Hello again. I don't know if you have already bought your ticket. When I checked the fares for you LHR-SFO roundtrip, the lowest fare is about 650 pounds. But if you are willing to make a connection in Chicago, and fly into San Jose instead of San Francisco, you can save 100 pounds. I have lived in the Bay Area and used to sometimes fly into San Jose. It is not much further than SFO when you have a rental car or if someone will be driving to pick you up.

• juli

I would not single out London - flights inside and outside of Mexico will have to be stopped full-stop, as a minimum for a month. To me, it appears ridiculous that governments can in reality take steps to scale back the unfold of this sickness before it gets any worse however as an alternative they wait to look how dangerous it gets, after which they make these decisions after lives have already been misplaced. We could simply be numbers to them, but each individual counts and our lives is just not jeopardised unnecessarily. However on the other hand, there are some who consider that this virus has been created by means of the us govt as a way to curb the populace, figuring out full well that it will spread and claim lives. I don't believe any executive as far as I could throw them, and i would not be anywhere near as surprised as most people to discover they have been in the back of it. I don't doubt that governments are behind more matters than we recognize, and in ways which might be too horrifying to even suppose about.

£600 is a fair price I think. Baring in mind this is Cali to London