would you wear a white dress with black flowers to a wedding?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Leave the white dresses to the bride.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, I consider it rude to wear a white dress at a wedding if you're not the bride, hints of it are okay, but more is like you're stealing her spotlight on her most important day.

Black flowers symbolize death, but weddings are supposed to symbolize a new life. So I probably wouldn't wear them, they're too gothic.

• 9 years ago

Absolutely! It's 2011 and no one cares about those "rules" any more - The point is not to get confused about who is the bride, and I've never seen a bride wear a floral dress to her wedding. Futhermore, no one is going to notice you.

• 9 years ago

If you mean something like this where there is a mix of black & white, I think you could get away with it: http://nantucketbrand.com/shop/index.php/black-whi...

But personally, I would avoid wearing ANYTHING with white in it simply because it is a wedding and only the bride ought to be in white.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

it depends how white the dress is. the guideline is that if the dress is more than 50% white, you can't wear it. so if the dress is mostly black with a little white background showing thru, it's ok.

• 9 years ago

Only if a tiny print and a very dressy dress, dress up with black heels and a black clutch.

• 9 years ago

Never wear white, cream or ivory to a wedding

• 9 years ago

I would never wear white to a wedding unless it was mine.

Source(s): dg
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I have. But the pattern was really more black than white, it was not inappropriate.

• Poodie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

As a guest, yes. As a bride, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.