would you wear a white dress with black flowers to a wedding?

Favorite Answer

Leave the white dresses to the bride.

No, I consider it rude to wear a white dress at a wedding if you're not the bride, hints of it are okay, but more is like you're stealing her spotlight on her most important day.

Black flowers symbolize death, but weddings are supposed to symbolize a new life. So I probably wouldn't wear them, they're too gothic.

Absolutely! It's 2011 and no one cares about those "rules" any more - The point is not to get confused about who is the bride, and I've never seen a bride wear a floral dress to her wedding. Futhermore, no one is going to notice you.

If you mean something like this where there is a mix of black & white, I think you could get away with it: http://nantucketbrand.com/shop/index.php/black-whi...

But personally, I would avoid wearing ANYTHING with white in it simply because it is a wedding and only the bride ought to be in white.

it depends how white the dress is. the guideline is that if the dress is more than 50% white, you can't wear it. so if the dress is mostly black with a little white background showing thru, it's ok.

Only if a tiny print and a very dressy dress, dress up with black heels and a black clutch.

Never wear white, cream or ivory to a wedding

I would never wear white to a wedding unless it was mine.

Source(s): dg

I have. But the pattern was really more black than white, it was not inappropriate.

• Poodie

As a guest, yes. As a bride, no.