Advantages of conventional loans over VA loans?

Everything I've heard or read about VA loans state that they are hands down better than conventional loans for a home mortgage. Until today that is, when a relative of mine (who has done 1 of each) told me you can get better rates with a conventional loan, and it is only worth it to do a VA loan if you cannot... show more Everything I've heard or read about VA loans state that they are hands down better than conventional loans for a home mortgage. Until today that is, when a relative of mine (who has done 1 of each) told me you can get better rates with a conventional loan, and it is only worth it to do a VA loan if you cannot qualify for a conventional loan and/or you plan on putting less than 20% down.

I have an excellent credit rating and plan on purchasing my first home with 20% down. In my situation, are there ANY advantages to consider for a conventional loan over a VA loan? Or any reason to consider a FHA loan over a VA loan for that matter? Thanks for your info.