Classified documents/Information question?

I'm looking for a technical way to describe how access is given to people in a computer system of privileged information.

For example, in the wikileaks case regarding the leaked cables there was a failure of ________ that allowed the PFC Manning to obtain access to classified documents.

Unclear I know but any attempt to guide me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Patrrick

I am betting the blank is for 'security'. The soldier had the proper clearances, But, to be able to carry the hard copy information out in a bag, and data info out on a Lady GaGA disc....... gimme a break

Soccerref

From what I remember hearing, the information is on a network so that many departments can access it. Thousands of people had the ability to call it up.

Most very secure companies don't put usb ports or cd/dvd drives on computers that can access sensitive information.

So a simple failure in following standard protocols for securing information.

Of course, having unethical politicians, and diplomats helped in generating such a volume of crap.

substantial information such as you asked approximately are saved at a base in Maryland, there are people who do not something yet study them and be certain in the event that they are in a place to be declassified and what needs to be blacked out or deleted earlier being released. final I heard replaced into there replaced right into a record dated 1917 that replaced into nonetheless deemed too mushy to declassify.