Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Should we be able to choose where our tax money goes?

For example, if I don't get sick a lot, I don't check health care. If I have kids, I check education. If my commute to work is pretty long, I check roads. Basically paying for things that are relevant to you.

I think that would be better than what we have now since it would show what the people of a certain precinct needs most. That way more funding would go towards whatever is most important, and the people would be able to see which organizations are not as important, and so the money would go around more efficiently.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

No but we need to stop paying Federal Tax and keep a better eye on local spending.

It wouldn't be feasible. Tax dollars have to be implemented, not just apportioned. Radically changing and unstable funding for causes, as would inherently result from such a system, would result in nothing getting done. It would also greatly increase the role that media outlets have on funding, since any popular, though factually wrong or politically biased, story can swing tax dollars away from an issue that really needs addressing, or towards pointless causes.

What if too, for example, you wanted to change your mind halfway through the year or after you already sent in your forms?

then there would be no reason to pay taexs at all. because hardly ANYONE would pick support of unemployed (example, where applicable).

the budget needs different resources allocation, compared to what the likely outcome of optional tax allocation would produce.

in that case, it truly is better to fund your healh care, or schools on your own, without the state being the uneccesary element inbetween.

• amandy

No, via fact if we've been waiting to, the conservatives could refuse to fund liberal courses and the liberals could refuse to fund the conservative courses, maximum appropriate to purely 0.5 of the federal budget each and every 365 days inspite of who replaced into in potential. additionally, unpopular yet mandatory courses could in no way be funded and could desire to reason societal, financial, or political crashes if the human beings could desire to withhold their funds from specific courses and positioned it into others. additionally some courses could desire to wind up overfunded on an identical time as some have been underfunded.

• luis l

NO,POLITICIANS TELL YOU,THEY HAVE A LOT OF CHOICES FOR YOU?

BUT THEY NEVER TELL YOU ,WHAT THYEY DO WHIT YOUR MONEY?

SOMETIMES YOU LOOSE,BECAUSE THE MAD MANS,OUTSIDE OF YOUR LAND,BUT YOU NEVER MEET THEM?