Landlord invasion of privacy?

Recently I adopted 3 dogs. After 3 days of having the dogs, my landlord pops up over my house yelling at us (while we had company in the back yard) about not suppose to have dogs or it would be 400 for each dog. He then tells us that he came over to collect a late fee (I paid him 1650 in January for a house thats... show more Recently I adopted 3 dogs. After 3 days of having the dogs, my landlord pops up over my house yelling at us (while we had company in the back yard) about not suppose to have dogs or it would be 400 for each dog. He then tells us that he came over to collect a late fee (I paid him 1650 in January for a house thats 550 but i paid couple days late). Its February but my fiance gave him $28 although I informed him that it was not due until March (me paying up means he had to take 28 out of march rent). He said he was going to check and make sure the dogs are gone and we tell him ok it is fine. He calls us a couple days later saying he needs to do an inspection of the house. I tell him that is fine and that he can randomly come at any time to inspect the house and make sure the dogs are gone, but after that one random inspection he must provide us with a 24 hour notice before popping up. (this was not the first time he popped up maybe like 3rd of fourth). He say ok well im giving you a 24 hour notice. He also said they will no if we have dogs because they will be riding by and they have a lady across from us watching us. I told him i no i cant stop him from riding and i no you will find out if we keep the dogs cause you always ride up and down the street and we always see you. He agree when about what I already knew he was doing (getting neighbor to watch and riding up and down the street even when we didnt have the dogs) Well he inspect the property for damage done by dogs i get him to sign a contract saying he did his check and to write rather he found damage. He does this and we tell him all the issues we are having with the house (which is also signed and in writting). Dogs have been gone and he inspected the house already. Today I see him ride up and down the street. Then a different neighbor (not the one he already got watching) comes and show us an index car my landlord left at his house today saying watch for dogs at _____(my address) and give him a call if he sees any. This I think he has gone completely to far with. Isnt this invasion of privacy and is there any legal things I can do. I do not feel comfortable staying here not knowing who he has watching my house, not knowing when he will ride by in his many vehicles it is annoying and really letting people to far in my business. You can clearly see behind my house because there is nothing blocking it and there is a loop where you can see one part of the back yard from one street, and the rest at that loop so it would be practically impossible to hide a dog yet alone 3 in this small house and small yard. Any comments, suggestions, and/or legal advice willl be appreciated.
Update: I did not no it was in my lease. He went over the lease and did not mention this part and I no it was my job to read it for myself but unfortunately I did not, I loved my dogs and my son got use to them but I knew since it was on my lease I had to get rid of them (or pay 1200 that I do not have). I no he want to... show more I did not no it was in my lease. He went over the lease and did not mention this part and I no it was my job to read it for myself but unfortunately I did not, I loved my dogs and my son got use to them but I knew since it was on my lease I had to get rid of them (or pay 1200 that I do not have). I no he want to make sure they were gone that is why I gave him permission to randomly pop up and inspect the inside and outside of the premises. I was dealing with him just riding by anytime he wanted and him telling the neighbor to watch us since day one, but I think going around the neighborhood telling people to watch my house is a little too much. I live in NC and I think I have been resonable with him when I got rid of the dogs, when I allowed him to inspect and when I decide I would just live with him spying and a neighbor spying until my lease ends but I do not think he had to take it to this point its not fair and its like I have no privacy. I mean this house is small when I have my d