Question about the movie "Predators"?

There is a scene in the movie where Alice Braga's character puts a leaf in a small pool of water, and it spins in circles. What would it have done on Earth, and what made it spin in circles on the predators hunting planet?

Favorite Answer

I'm pretty sure he put a needle on the leaf. He was supposed to have been making a compass. It would have pointed North, but the magnetic fields of the planet were all screwy, so it just spun in circles. Much like compasses do at the Earth's poles, and at places like the Bermuda Triangle.

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

Jonathan is absolutely correct. Adrian Brody (what ever his characters name was) was some kind of special service Black ops military super killing machine. From basic boy scout to the highest trained survivalist everyone knows giving a static charge to a pin or needle placing it on a leaf and placing that leaf in a shallow pool of water will create a compass. The needle on earth would point to "true North" because he rotated in circles the team of killers determined that they were Not on earth.

On Earth it would have just floated. I'm not sure what made it spin in circles. I'm guessing it was the magnetic field, it was probably stronger there than on Earth.

Everything I've learned from you so far has turned out to be very useful, but this home security system really blew my mind... It's so adaptable that I could even secure my barn if I wanted to https://tr.im/KiuBt