? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Will Mark Ingram make it in the NFL?

Favorite Answer

Ingram's combine performance was very similar to Terrell Davis's in terms of his less than impressive 40 yard time but best in the combine for RBs 10-yard split time. Davis turned out to be a great RB in the NFL putting up very similar combine stats. (Davis ran a 4.65 40 but had the best 10 yard split - Ingram ran 4.62 with the best 10).

I thought Ingram looked pretty solid in all the other drills too (including all the pass catching drills).

Ingram is built a lot like Emmit Smith, low and compact, and he proved he's got an explosive first couple of steps which is always a good to see in a RB. We also know Ingram can play the position at a high level because he was very impressive on the field playing a tough college schedule for 2 seasons too.

I think Ingram will be a pretty solid NFL RB from what I've seen. Maybe not Chris Johnson-explosive since he lacks a top-end burst, but I think he'll be a very solid NFL player none the less.

I think so, however I think he'll need to develop and really have to show that he can run behind an average to below average o-line.

His offensive line at Alabama was tremendous and he may not have that same priviledge in the NFL if he gets taken fairly early. I do think he's tough, has some good speed, good vision and those qualities will be very crucial in the NFL. If he can show all those attributes w/o a bad OL then great, if he's going into a situation with a very good OL he'll do even better.

In short, I think he'll be pretty good.

He's not really a great athlete so he won't set the world on fire like Adrian Peterson or anything, but he has phenomenal balance, vision, strength and is all around very polished. I could see him being like a more talented version of Thomas Jones.

Yes: New Frank Gore/Ray Rice combo

His resemblance to Emmitt Smith is remarkable. Scary, even. We saw what Emmitt could do with a good offensive line, so I'm sure if he goes to a team that has a good oline he should do great in the NFL.

If he goes to a decent team that has an offensive line that can block, yes, he can do well in the NFL. He definitely has the talent.

RT

Yes he is special. He reminds me so much of Emmit it's crazy. If he slips down in the 1st round to a team with a good line it will be dangerous

I believe he is a great prospect and has a great chance of making it big in the NFL. Has great speed power and work effort

No. Dude is slower than snail $hit.

he will and probably be a decent rb...i see him going to New England Patriots..