Winter asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

Is it okay if my African Clawed Frog eats fruit or veg?

Hi, I know this is an odd question but, I have two Mystery Snails in a tank with an african clawed frog. (The frog does not like live food and has never touched another fish so, I am pretty sure the snails are not much of a problem.) However, I took the snails out to feed them some fruit and veg - blueberries, carrots and spinach. To make a long story short some of this food got into the fish tank with the frog and the frog has been gobbling the blueberries up like crazy! He seems to love them! Is ist harmful for my african clawed frog to eat fruit or veg along with its regular food once a week?

Best Answer

As a supplement, it's fine, just make sure that the majority of his diet consists of animal protein. Veggies once a week won't hurt him, and may actually be good for him. ACFs need a varied diet, just like any other animal. Like I said, just make sure that most of his foods are higher protein sources, such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, tubifex worms, or baby reptimin turtle pellets.