J asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Music or Score during 2011 Oscar montage for best picture?

There was a montage before the best picture oscar was given out. It basically had a short clip of this year's best picture nominees. This score is used quite often during these movie montages but I have no idea the name or who composed it. Do you?

So, it is not Marche Slave by Tchaikovsk. Just listened.

Yes! 2nd movement. Thx.

Favorite Answer

I don't think it's Palladio; that always reminds me of the jewelry commercial.

• I've already forgotten how the score in the montage sounded. But I -think- it was Marche Slave by Tchaikovsky, or maybe I'm just putting Marche Slave over the video.

That montage was Amazing, ''Beethoven's Symphony No 7 Opus 92 Allegretto'' or ''Beethoven - 7th Symphony - 2nd movement''

Previous answer is correct, it is Beethoven's Symphony No 7 Opus 92 Allegretto.

Beethovan's Seventh Symphony, 2nd movement.

• David

Wasn't it a movement from Beethoven's Seventh Symphony?

Allegretto from Symphony no. 7 - Beethoven

it's not beethoven's 7th. It's Palladio by Jenkins. Here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNkPl5V5aTA

Youtube thumbnail

"In the hall of the mountain king" the social network Trent Reznor and atticus rose

Thank you for answering everyone! It REALLY bothered me that I couldn't figure out what piece this was....you're all AWESOME :)