Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelVietnamOther - Vietnam · 9 years ago

Is it true that vietnam now has shopping malls and has department stores like belk and dillard's?

One of my aunts in vietnam says that they now have shopping malls over there and that they have some of the stores that we have in the united states. When I heard that I thought they have department stores like Belk and Dillard's and Gap and Jcpenny and Forever 21 in vietnam. My sister loves to go shopping so I was kind of asking for her. So does that mean that vietnam now has shopping malls with stores like Belk and Dillard's just like what we have in the U.S ?? If so can you please name a few so I can jog it down as my sister and I would love to visit the shopping malls in vietnam whenever we go there. It would be cool if they have best buy or a store like best buy as that's my kind of store. I know in New York city they have a best buy store in every mall shopping center.

Best Answer

they do not have a big dept.stores like Dillard's, Macy's, or Nordstrom's...but they do built a big building called 'Parkson's' and have many small shops inside of it with many different name brands...it's be high class or medium levels...they do have many brand names like: Gucci, LV, Ax...and others that you can think of too...but there are also many of the knock-off items and name brands too..good luck

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that Vietnam doesn't have any department stores that are at the same level of JCPenny, Macys, Dillard's, Best Buy, etc. However, there are department stores such as Vincom and Parkson that have Levi's, Dr. Martens, Nine West, Mango, Versace, Emperio Armani, Converse, Charles and Keith, etc. And you can find more luxurious fashion stores located at the center of Ho Chi Minh City such as Guess, Gucci, Gap, Louis Vuiton, Coach, etc.

By the way, Forever 21, H&M, Hollister, A&F, Aeropostale, American Eagles have not come to Vietnam yet.

For electronic products, you can come to Nguyen Kim, Phong Vu or Wonder Buy in Ho Chi Minh City. Those are the largest electronic stores in Vietnam that have almost all of the famous brands with various types of products from laptops, digital cameras, to game players, usb and such.

Well, overall, if you wanna shop for branded products, Vietnam cannot be compared to NYC absolutely. But if you wanna shop for nice good looking outfits with cheaper prices, you can find a lot of them in Vietnam.

Hope my info is useful.