I am looking for a Romance novel published in the 80's or 90's for my true love.?

I am looking for a Romance novel published in the 80's or 90's for my true love. She doesn't remember the title or author, but here is a plot synopsis: The novel takes place in England in a time when nobility still mattered. There is a woman and her brother, and the brother is controlling the... show more I am looking for a Romance novel published in the 80's or 90's for my true love. She doesn't remember the title or author, but here is a plot synopsis:

The novel takes place in England in a time when nobility still mattered. There is a woman and her brother, and the brother is controlling the woman's destiny because he has their parents locked up. He forces her to marry a rich old man for the money. On her wedding night the old man dies before they can consummate the marriage, so...

The brother goes into town looking for a man that has the same features as the old man so that when he impregnates the woman the child will appear to be from the old man. He finds someone in a pub, kidnaps him, brings him back to the woman, and ties him up. He then orders his sister to force herself (she's a virgin at this point) onto this kidnapped man.

She is forced to repeatedly rape this new man until it is confirmed that she is pregnant. Then the brother lets the man go. What the woman and her brother don't know is that the man they kidnapped is a rich nobleman. He is not very happy about being kidnapped and raped – so he tracks down the woman, kidnaps her, and forces her to be a servant in his home where he repeatedly rapes her. And of course, they fall in love with each other and live happily ever after.

She told me this is the best romance novel she ever read, but lost it long ago before she met me. I really want to surprise her with it – and I need your help figuring out what it is! Please, any info would help!
1 answer 1