What would you do if your partner confessed that they were suffering from transsexualism?

And were pre-everything, including still presenting as their birth sex (as you had met them).

For the sake of the inquiry, assume you're (still) just dating, no kids, no house, etc.

I always see questions in this section that talk about what would you do if you found out your significant other was a post-op transsexual, but never the other end of the extreme.

Favorite Answer

The relationship would break down because i'm not attracted to males in a romantic way and it would also mean that i wasn't really ever dating a woman, but rather a guy with a female body.

I'm put off by a male gender.

I can tell you what my ex fiance did but by calling her ex it is pretty obvious.

I would like to say I would stay with them but who knows. There are so many things that take place once a person actually comes out and starts transition. I also know I prefer guys. Could I be with a woman at this point? I honestly do not know.

• I'd honestly have to be in that situation to answer. I'd like to think it wouldn't matter, but living through transition myself, I know how difficult it is, and I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with someone I was dating going through it. It also would depend on how serious the relationship was. I don't think I'd flat-out abandon them, but it would be hard to keep dating.

At this point in life, I've been through enough change. I'd really like a stable partner, if possible.

That would just be something we have in common