Difference between the oscars, grammys, tonys and golden globe award shows?

What's the difference between each of the award shows and which one do you like the most and dislike the most?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Oscars- An award show which recognizes excellence of professionals in the film industry, including directors, actors, and writers. Probably the most prestigious, well-known, and greatest honor to win. Decisions for winners of the awards are bestowed by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).

The Grammys- An award show for all elements that go into music and awards artists of different genres for their efforts. Decisions for winners are awarded by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States

The Tonys- An award show for only broadway shows and their performers. Decisions for winners are presented by the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League.

The Golden Globes- An award show which recognizes excellence in film and television, both domestic and foreign. Very prestigious but not quite so as much as the Oscars. Decisions for awards are voted by the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA.)

My personal favorite is The Oscars because I am a huge film fan, and I think the best red carpet fashion comes out for this particular one, but they are all fun to watch.

• TueLom
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Grammy Award - Award in Music Golden Globe Award - Award in Motion Picture and Televison Emmy Award - Award in Televison Tony Award - Award in Broadway Academy Award (also known as The Oscars) - Award in the Film Industry

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

This is such a good question! i've always wondered that!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.