Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetMSN · 9 years ago

What is Windows Live Space?

Windows Live sent me a message on Hotmail saying that my Windows Live Space will close on March 16, what is that? It might just be my computer but when I try to send emails it doesn't let me...anyways what I really want to know is what is Windows Live Spaces?

• NoName
    Favorite Answer

Windows Live Spaces is Microsoft's blogging and Social Networking platform. The site was originally released in early 2004 as MSN Spaces to compete with other social networking sites, and re-launched in 2006 as a part of a shifting of community services away from the MSN brand. Windows Live Spaces received an estimated 27 million (27,000,000) unique visitors per month as of August 2007.[1]

Despite being considered a useful messaging and communication tool, Windows Live Spaces has been criticized as not being as powerful as some of its alternatives.[2] On September 27, 2010, Microsoft announced that it would discontinue Windows Live Spaces, and in partnership with Automattic, a free opt-in migration of user blogs to WordPress.com will be offered to Windows Live Spaces users.[3] Beginning January 4, 2011, users will not be able to make changes to Spaces, however contents are still viewable and downloadable. Windows Live Spaces will fully shut down on March 16, 2011.

Source(s): I've used this a lot, and it's a lot of fun

• ?