Why wont my parents let me date a mexican?

Im 15 and im a white girl. I really like this guy in my class who is mexican, but my parents have always told me not to date outside of my race.When i told them i thought they would understand but they didnt.They say "oh you can be friends with him at school" and they said i cant be anything more they... show more Im 15 and im a white girl. I really like this guy in my class who is mexican, but my parents have always told me not to date outside of my race.When i told them i thought they would understand but they didnt.They say "oh you can be friends with him at school" and they said i cant be anything more they wont even let me go to one of his soccer games at school.I told them they are rasict.They say they arent and they have mexican friends but they dont think its right to date one and they are doing whats best for me and they dont want people to talk about me.People do it its the 21st century and if they want whats best for me dont they want me to be happy??Please help i need advice....
P.S-They also make rasict jokes like "oh i bet he isnt legall and oh he doesnt have a green card" and they asked if he played any sports and when i told them soccer they said "oh figures them mexicans love their soccer"