Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

What does "He's a poet,and didn't know it" mean?

I keep hearing this in real life and on the computer and I tried to look it up what it meant.No helping results.So,if you know what it means,please tell me!Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It's a joke meant to mock someone who said something that rhymes, because the phrase itself is a couplet rhyme.

Was He's a poet a don't know it " in a film?

When people make a rhyme without realising, people say "I'm a poet and I didn't even know it," which also rhymes, to make a point that they just rhymed.

Basically, people say it when what they just rhymed.

• "poet" and "it" rhyme, and rhyme is common in poems, so it's like someone has made a poem without intending to, but in reality much more work goes into creating an actual poem

Its an old saying used when someone says something that they didnt mean to rhyme but does.

"He's a poet and didnt know it, ... but his feet show it, they are Longfellow's" (Longfellow was a poet)

This is jrs saying not a common saying lmfao

It is a jocular saying used when someone unwittingly says something that rhymes .

I don't try to rhyme, but I do it all the time.