Does the book Through the Looking Glass list the 6 impossible things?

The queen says, “When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

In the 2010 movie I know it lists the 6 impossible things. I can't find it in the book. Does anyone know if they are in there?

Favorite Answer

It doesn't list the six impossible things in the book - which is different from the film!

"Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. There goes the shawl again!"

The brooch had come undone as she spoke, and a sudden gust of wind blew her shawl across a little brook. The Queen spread out her arms again, and went flying after it, and this time succeeded in catching it for herself. "I've got it!" she cried in a triumphant tone. "Now you shall see me pin it on again, all by myself!"

"Then I hope your finger is better now?" Alice said very politely, as she crossed the little brook after the Queen."

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new2?i... (part 101, about halfway down)

This site and text has the original pictures

http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/CarGla...

Alice Kingsley: I try to believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Count them, Alice. One, there are drinks that make you shrink. Two, there are foods that make you grow. Three, animals can talk. Four, cats can disappear. Five, there is a place called Underland. Six, I can slay the Jabberwocky.

I don't know if they are in the book but here they are from the movie.

Hope this helps <3

Source(s): Imdb.com
  • leslie

NONE of these BELIEFS ARE not possible! 1) universal love and kindness will healing all of our religious ills (Wayne Dyer says in "a hundred and one approaches to convert Your life", "you probably have a alternative to be correct or be sort, normally decide upon kind." Love naturally follows. 2) every body will have what we want, and be grateful. Three) humans will all do the following correct factor. Four) The Earth will regain its typical, healthful state, and environmental toxins will now not be suitable on any level. Granted, this will take some time. 5) Human beings will likely be cautious of every different throughout existence. 6) we will be able to all be aware of and expertise the wonder of the miracle of life, daily. Pollyanna? Possibly. However it certain works for me when I take some time to are living outside of ego.