What kind of cancer should I give my character?

I write books as a hobby. In a book that I am currently working on, my main character has a terminal disease, I was thinking of HIV, but I couldn't find any symptoms for it that I could include in my book, so now I'm on to cancer. She is 10, just to note. Please include symptoms and/or reactions to illness... show more I write books as a hobby. In a book that I am currently working on, my main character has a terminal disease, I was thinking of HIV, but I couldn't find any symptoms for it that I could include in my book, so now I'm on to cancer. She is 10, just to note. Please include symptoms and/or reactions to illness and treatment. If you have other ideas for diseases please use those. *REMEMBER INCLUDE SYMPTOMS AND/OR REACTIONS*
Update: I've tried researching, I've been trying FOREVER! Nothing for kids! That's why I am asking you guys!