How do I convert employees *contractors to W2 from 1099? What do I need besides a W4?

I have a small business and my staff is mostly part-time people who we pay as 1099. A few work 25+ hours, and after countless hours of submitting to group health insurance plans (3) we found out that the reason we keep getting rejected for group insurance is that we have no one as a W2. OK-so besides the Payroll... show more I have a small business and my staff is mostly part-time people who we pay as 1099. A few work 25+ hours, and after countless hours of submitting to group health insurance plans (3) we found out that the reason we keep getting rejected for group insurance is that we have no one as a W2. OK-so besides the Payroll accounting I need to set up, which seems straightforward, I cant seem to find out what 'else', besides filling out W4s, do we need to 'do' (ie fill out or file or pay or whatever) to 'convert' someone from 1099 to W2 status. If you can help you will be enabling people and families to get healthcare! Thank you!!!