Jish asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Why don't I have a sculpted, toned body? What am I doing wrong?

I don't get it - I'm a 26 year old male and I run 5 miles every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday; each run consist of interval training of 9 quarter mile sprints allowing me to finish in under 38 minutes (basically I challenge and push myself). I weight train on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Monday consists of one full hour of chest, back, and abs workout. Wednesday consists of one full hour of biceps, triceps, abs, and forearm type workouts. Friday consists of a full hour workout of my shoulders, butt, and legs. I rest and rejuvenate on Sunday. I change my routines every 2 months, and I am now on my 3rd year of consistent workout.

My diet consists of low carbohydrates that are complex with high amounts of vegetables and fruits. For example, my breakfast in the morning is usually an omelet that has 3 eggs with 1 yoke, packed with tomatoes, onions, garlic, green and red peppers, squash, and spinach. All I drink is water and V-8. I eat 6 meals throughout the day and I continually implement portion control. I never eat out!

I sleep 8 hours each night and I can honestly tell you that I am a healthy person! But I don't have the ideal freakin body. I do have some toned areas on my body like my chest, arms, and legs; but I have a lot of fat around my core, including large love-handles. I have small fat rolls under my arm pits as well - - what the hell and why? Sorry to keep dragging this, but I am getting frustrated now that I have been at this for 3 years....I am 5'10 and weigh 175 lbs. I seriously think after all this constant work, I should be able to sport some kind of speedo or elephant thong...but NO!! What is it I am doing wrong? What needs to change? How can I improve? Seriously...what the hell!?!

Favorite Answer

Man, you can do whatever you want but if you have even abit of fat, you wont see results. If you really want to see results, then dont do the stuff your doing. I recommend joining a Martial arts class. You seem fit by the things you do. If your a wimp, join Karate. If ur in alright shape, join Kickboxing. If your looking to gain more muscle then usual, join Muay Thai. If you think you have what it takes, join MMA. Im doing muay thai now, i can guarantee you that 1 hour of muay thai is THE BEST you can have. I have it from monday - thursday. from 6-7. I drip sweat within 2 minutes and im a nice fit guy. At the end of the day i can hardly walk. Believe me, Running a marathon will be nothing like Muay thai training or MMA training. So i recommend that because the stuff your doing isnt working.

OR

Get a skipping rope and just skip on the spot for as long as posible. I did that untill i couldnt do it no more and nearly colapsed once, i lost 7kg (15lbs) in about 3 weeks. Thats the best alternate for Muay thai training.

Try them out if you like, hope i helped (:

I would try to focus on more interval training and cut out the long runs. I would try to set up a treadmill routine that went: walk, jog, sprint. Walk 30 secs, jog 30 secs and spring 45-60 secs for up to 25 mins. When lifting, take less time between sets and to more burn out or drop sets. Keep your rest between sets no longer than 30 secs. Try to get at least 3/4 a gram of protein per pound, this is very important, you will lose weight the more muscle you gain.

If you are looking for fast weight loss way, you can use my way. I lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks. If you are really serious about weight loss you need to have a look this way. It is fast if you know correct info to do weight loss. You can find more info here link below.

the rule of progession due more and more till your legs give out :))) but no really