Eddie Diaz asked in SportsBoxing · 9 years ago

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Brandon Rios?

Does JMM still have what it takes for a young powerful determined fighter like Rios! the new Lightweight WBA Champion

I think this will be a great match up! Rios is so hungry!

• Rian G
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I feel Marquez can beat rios by knockout. If not, maybe decision.

As much as I don't like Rios, he definitely proved himself tonight. Tough, focused and highly determined to win. He will give his all against Marquez.

However, I just feel that Marquez is way too skilled.

Rios still showed problems against a boxer like Acosta.

• teodor

Rios has still to prove himself against some of the more established fighters in the division as Michael Katsidis, Humberto Soto or Robert Guerrero before his handlers could even think of pitting him against a certified great and sure Hall of Famer as Juan Manuel Marquez.

JMM would surely dismantle this yet unproven Rios if they meet this early.

Two things going for Rios however are his youth and his ability to beat the weight scale and come to the fight as a full-blown welterweight.

• Me

Brandon Rios is not a true boxer, he is a brawler. He does not have real boxing skills, yes he can punch but he does not have real boxing skills. He hates Victor Ortiz because not only is

Victor a true boxer,but he is also an educated man. Rios is trash, he needs to stay in his hood.

• g

My first thought as I watched Acosta going down. Although i don't know if he should get a shot at the biggest name in the weight class right away, maybe a bit of a build up first. Rios is like a smarter, more talented Baby Bull (Diaz) so it should be a good fight. Can't wait!!

...JMM unlikely to take the fight, RIOS is a high risk low reward for JMM. If RIOS beat JMM, goodbye PACMAN dream for JMM..

• MMW

I see this fight going like Marquez-Katsidis. It would be very entertaining and I can see Marquez being knocked down, but ultimately his experience, durability, and precise counter-punches would hand him the victory over the younger fighter.

I wANT THIS FIGHT!!! But I have a feeling it wont happen. JJM by KO.