Writing a story including a girl with leukemia. Help me. ?

Okay, so the girl with leukemia is 5. She's the main character's little sister. But, like, I want something to happen so that she has to go to the hospital. What could happen that is life-threatening? I don't have any experience with leukemia. The scene is that the main character and her boyfriend... show more Okay, so the girl with leukemia is 5. She's the main character's little sister. But, like, I want something to happen so that she has to go to the hospital. What could happen that is life-threatening? I don't have any experience with leukemia.

The scene is that the main character and her boyfriend are in the bathroom, giving the youngest brother a bath while the other siblings are eating in the dining room. What could happen? Like, the main character and her boyfriend hear a scream? And then what? Help me, please.