? asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 10 years ago

What is a distal tremor?

A neuropsychologist told me that I have a distal tremor due to mild cerebral palsy. He also used another word to further describe it (which I unfortunately cannot remember), and I believe he meant to specify that it affects my hands. If anyone knows what he meant, your input would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Proximal tremors are pretty uncommon. We do not usually classify them that way. Shaking hands are most often just a Benign Essential Tremor, and have nothing to do with Cerebral Palsy. See a real Neuro doctor. FYI, a slight tremor of the hands, especially under stress , with fear, due to stimulants, is not a sign of brain damage or disease. (in some people with really bad essential tremors it is considered a disease now.) It is an over-sensitivity to adrenaline and is easily treated.

I would have to see the tremor to tell you what is most likely. See a real physician.

• 4 years ago

Healthy eating is especially important to ensure that you get essential vitamins and minerals. Emphasize low-fat meats and dairy products and include lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

They test blood sugar levels in the blood if this is borderline or too low they will order a glucose tolerance test this will determine If you'd diabetic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.