? asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 10 years ago

What is a distal tremor?

A neuropsychologist told me that I have a distal tremor due to mild cerebral palsy. He also used another word to further describe it (which I unfortunately cannot remember), and I believe he meant to specify that it affects my hands. If anyone knows what he meant, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Proximal tremors are pretty uncommon. We do not usually classify them that way. Shaking hands are most often just a Benign Essential Tremor, and have nothing to do with Cerebral Palsy. See a real Neuro doctor. FYI, a slight tremor of the hands, especially under stress , with fear, due to stimulants, is not a sign of brain damage or disease. (in some people with really bad essential tremors it is considered a disease now.) It is an over-sensitivity to adrenaline and is easily treated.

I would have to see the tremor to tell you what is most likely. See a real physician.

Healthy eating is especially important to ensure that you get essential vitamins and minerals. Emphasize low-fat meats and dairy products and include lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet.

They test blood sugar levels in the blood if this is borderline or too low they will order a glucose tolerance test this will determine If you'd diabetic