Will you please reccomend some books to me bassed on what I like and don't like?

1. I still love children's books, since most Young Adult books have very cliche plots. Please tell me if you know of any young adult books with uncliche plots. =D

2. I LOVE SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS! And also realistic fiction along with stories about big complcated families. Romances are amazing...!

Books I LOVED:

The Steps series by Rachel Cohn

The Hunger series Games by Suzanne Collins

The Giver series by Lois Lowry

Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling

Kira-kira by Cynthia Kadohata

The Penderwicks series by Jeanie Birdsall

Anything by Andrew Clements

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsell

Books I Like:

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGawan Boys by Kate O'Brian

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawking

Project Mulberry by Linda Sue Park

The Wedding Planner's Daughter by Coleen Murtagh Paratore

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

The Fudge series by Judy Bloom

13 Reasons Why Jay Asher

The Ramona Series by Beverly Clearly

Books I didn't like:

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Vampire books =/

Books by Jerry Spinelli

Books by Sarah Dessen

Favorite Answer

Okay, you loved the Harry Potter series and you enjoy good sci-fi. Well here's you chance to make a big and gratifying jump into the classics... and there's not a boring word in these books, (in fact, I just recommended some of them to someone else.) These works have stayed around for a long time because they are fantastic and not dreary in the least:

1. *The Gormenghast Novels*, [3] by Mervyn Peake [1946-1959] -- Peake eventually went completely insane and basically finished the third entry in an asylum. It's not a *trilogy* because he had planned to write more. But it's all about a young prince of sorts in an isolated and strange kingdom. The castle is practically infinite in size and there are some really strange and devious people around him. His big sister, the only other royal child, is pretty ostentatious but actually a lonely and insecure gal. If you love atmosphere this one ices the cake. It's one of the greatest novel series I've ever read. Don't look for any dragons here but the work is quite gothic, or at least the first two are. It's available paginated as a single edition in softcover and that's the one you want.

2. *Salammbo*, by Gustave Flaubert [1862] -- This work is much shorter and based upon actual events [The Punic Wars] but there's a semi-magical princess [this is Salammbo], very dark, and quite beautiful. She does a balancing act on romance with an enemy warrior. There are also endless battles and lots of swordplay. It's quite the gratifying read and comes to us from a much-renowned author.

3. *Vril, The Coming Race*, by Edward Bulwer-Lytton [1871] -- Set in the 1800s, this work is pure science-fiction and really set a high standard for anything in that genre that might follow. The interior of the Earth is hollow and inhabited by a very compelling and advanced society -- but what is their plan for Earth? A surface dweller ends up as a guest of these core-dwellers. That's where things get ultra-creepy. I've found nothing that exceeds this fine work in pure readability, an actual page-turner for about any aged person.

Now, you said you liked romance and complicated families. Well you should soon read *Anna Karenina* by Leo Tolstoy. You can go to Amazon and read a million reviews. Oprah's Book Club featured it last year. I can't think of another book which fits your criteria better than this one. If you tell your folks that you read *Anna Karenina* their eyebrows will shoot right up.

Happy reading!

The Mysterious Benedict Society, Trenton Lee Stewart

Sorcery and Cecelia, or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot, by Patricia Wrede and Caroline Stevermer (excellent)

Noughts & Crosses Series by Malorie Blackman

Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

• Olivia

You'd probably really enjoy Tamora Pierce's novels.

My fav series of hers is called Protector of the Small (4 books)

First Test

Page

Squire

Lady Knight

This is a fantasy series not history.

I say to check out the Blue Blood series Melissa De La Cruz. I'm reading them understand and they're strong, there's three books out now which might be Blue bloods, masquerade, and revelations. And there is a fourth one popping out latter this yr known as the van alen legacy. I'm on the 1/3 one now and i adore it. I suppose you want to reason the have vampires and a forbidden crush in it. And like you i am additionally partial to twilight.

can you keep a secret and the undomestic godess by sophie kinsella

rachels guide to dating on the dark side by beth fantaskey

some girls are and cracked up to be by courtney summers

the summer i turned pretty by jenny han (has sequels)

perfect chemistry by simone elkeles (has sequels)

wake/fade/gone by lisa mcmann

the rules of survival by nancy werlin

((:

• Jay

You should try The Chrysalids by John Wyndham. Based on what you've told us, you will LOVE it.