Why in general do women buy into what the music industry pushes?

note the word strongly ''in general''. I can understand pop music & how they find it fun to dance to & appear sexy because thats the image they are essentially brainwashed by the media into fulfilling. But in terms of boy-bands, how come women fall so easily for the likes of X-Factors... show more note the word strongly ''in general''.

I can understand pop music & how they find it fun to dance to & appear sexy because thats the image they are essentially brainwashed by the media into fulfilling. But in terms of boy-bands, how come women fall so easily for the likes of X-Factors ''one direction'' or Justin Bieber/Boy bands.
Basically pretty faces with jack s*it talent?

I can't recall guys being so blinded by looks when it comes to girl-singers & unable to differentiate between looks & talent, many guys admit straight out that the likes of Cheryl Cole etc are terrible but good looking.

So why is it that in general women seem to be so easily persuaded?
Update: Nope Zuzana, take a look at any gig of a boy-band or even worse x-factor related material.
Women of all youthful ages will be seen in the crowd & similarly asking women of varying ages.
But as i said this is in general, there is still a high proportion from what i & others have observed