In college but passionate about culinary arts, help?

Hi, I'm currently 21 and in college in VA. I have been in school for three years and still haven't found a major that leads to a career I think I could live with without becoming bored out of my mind, not to mention all the classes we have to take that have no real world application.I am not motivated at... show more Hi, I'm currently 21 and in college in VA. I have been in school for three years and still haven't found a major that leads to a career I think I could live with without becoming bored out of my mind, not to mention all the classes we have to take that have no real world application.I am not motivated at college at all and It makes getting through class and assignments extremely painful. I am driven by my passions and can never really seem to find much motivation outside of them. There are 3 things I am very passionate about, cooking,music, and tennis. I am too old to train again and have already torn both Achilles tendons, which rules out tennis unless I coach which I enjoy but feel like it is really hard to get a job even though I'm decently knowledgeable for my age. I love music more than almost anyone I know but don't want to pursue a job in the industry. I also love cooking and I feel like I would be happy doing it for the rest of my life. I don't really know where I would go to culinary school and was wondering if anyone has suggestions. I would Ideally like to go to a place that I can get the best training possible even though I know it would be expensive. I would someday like to become a chef and I know its going to take a lot of hard work and time.I understand I need to make the decision for myself but I think it would help to have some fresh perspective from people or someone that has gone to culinary school. I have heard it is very hard and intense which doesn't bother me since I love it so much. I don't want to keep wasting time and money on a college education if I'll end up hating my job and quitting. Anyways, if you have some input you would like to share I appreciate it. Thanks.
4 answers 4