What do I need to know to start investing in the stock market?

I am interested in investing in the stock market, and in learning more about finance in general; however, whenever I search for basic information on these subjects, I find people giving advice instead of information. I do not not want to know how I can be an effective investor (not yet anyway); I want to know what investing, at its core, is. What does it mean to own a "piece" of a company? What does "buy low, sell high" mean? What is a bond? Anybody with the time and interest to give me some help on this would be much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

You can find a lot of insights at

http://www.vanguard.com/us/insights

To buy stock is to own a piece of a company. To own a bond is to loan money to a company, and you hold the IOU. Everyone with stock wants the value to go up -- so you buy at a low price, and sell it later at a higher price to make money.

Buy high.... sell higher.

Investing is... putting money "at risk" in order to make a gain. With stock... you can buy a small piece of a company..... (share)...... over time the value of that share will go up or down....... Read a few books. Learn this stuff.... it will make your life a little easier.... if you can become financially secure.

Read;

Investing For Dummies

Mutual Funds For Dummies

A long overdue advantage...

All of the economic chaos that surrounds us can be downright scary!

The great news is that I just discovered something that will quickly ease any fear and uncertainty. In fact, if your anything like me, you're about to get very excited.

What if there was a way for you to know the investing strategies of the “Ruling Class” that have long been kept secret from the MIddle Class?

Want to know how they do it? And how you can too?

I just watched a short video that opened my eyes to new possibilities, and you have got to see it!

My best...

Buy Low , Sell High = Buy investments at a low price then sell them at a high price = Profits