Brit asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

What is the Italian translation for...?

What is the Italian translation for the name Brittany?

• Edvin
    Best Answer

Bretania

Brittany.. If you really think about it, the common names for English are about the same in every other language. I agree, that they may speak with a little more accent, but in all the word is still the same. For example, lets use the word Yahoo. In Mexico, they say Yahoo in an accent (which is very fast like yuh-hoo.) I hope this helps, I'm just giving a short explanation.

If the meaning of the name Brittany means "from Britain" or"from Bretagne" : "del Regno Unito" or "Bretone", but there is no real common equivalent name in Italian.

Source(s): Italian Wikipedia

" It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Brittany is "from Brittany or Great Britain"."

According to this website, it is already of Latin origin. I wouldn't say there's a proper translation because it's not a word, it's a name based off a Latin word (Britain).

• Aaron

it's the same thing, maybe if you were born with a italian name like giuseppe which is the italian version of joseph we'd be able to help you more.

http://translate.google.com/#

-Works very well.

*I searched it up, but TBH I dont think they have an italian Translation for Brittany.