Ash asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Has Obama's failure to support our allies in the Middle East meant the terrorists have won the war on terror?

Obama has failed to show support to Ben Ali in Tunisia and Mubarak in Egypt, which both were loyal allies and fell to Islamic terrorists.

Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria, Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen, royal families of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are now battling for their lives, and Obama seems to be completely silent, instead he should be pledging his unequivocal support to these allies so they can stop the Middle East becoming an Islamic Caliphate!!!!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

...I'll go ahead and correct that sentence for you there:

Obama has failed to show support to Ben Ali in Tunisia and Mubarak in Egypt, which both were loyal allies and fell to Islamic terrorists.

Obama has failed to show support for Ben Ali in Tunisia and Mubarak in Egypt, both of which were loyal allies and DICTATORS WHO BLATANTLY OPPRESSED THEIR PEOPLE WHO WERE OVERTHROWN BY A POPULOUS THAT HUNGERED FOR REAL DEMOCRACY.

See what I did there? I took out the wrong information you put in. Terrorists didn't take them down, a popular democratic uprising did. I also stated the truth about what these two men did, which was, in many cases, brutally oppressing their people. Mubarak literally employed a kill switch on the internet in his country, shutting off as much contact with the outside world as possible for all of his citizens. Yes, they were allies. Guess what? The military in Egypt, which is now in charge, has said they will continue to abide by the treaties and alliances they had before. Hey, that means Egypt is still allied with us! The same is true in Tunisia!

And then you mention Algeria, Yemen, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Do you even realize that these are some of the most brutally oppressive dictatorships in the world? Ali Abdullah Saleh, in particular, has been literally sending his military out to MURDER vast swaths of his own people, blaming the protests on hallucinogenic drugs that don't exist. Apparently, you're more interested in keeping our allies on our side than showing any regard for human rights. How very noble of you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

What would you have liked him to do? The US can't control what goes on in every foreign country. Should we have invaded all Algeria, Yemen, Bahrain, Egypt and Saudi Arabia with our already over-extended military? Silly.

• BigAl
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

One of the world's major problems is that your military has the same blindness that your question displays. You can't tell the difference between people and terrorists. Some of these campaigners just want realistic elections.

• witmer
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

perchance it truly is time the U. S. stopped helping those outdated dictators. We have been taking off to look extra like the Redcoats and much less like the revolutionaries the the remainder of the worldwide used to think of we are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

What would you like him to do other than state universal rights and freedoms are what is the correct thing to do?

He's in charge of the USA, not those countries.

I think you need to do a bit of research if you haven't seen him speaking about things. He has and he's had his staff do so as well. (See, Mrs. H. Clinton)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You will never win the war on terror and who ever believes that is deceiving themselves, just as the government.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

We don't have any allies in the Middle east

• 9 years ago

The revolutions have been pretty secular and indicative of a want of democracy. I would suggest cutting the kool-aid. All that high fructose corn syrup is bad for you.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yup.

Vote present Obama strikes again

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

And your need for attention is still controlling your pathetic life I see.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.