Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

i died my hair blonde and its ginger, help?!?

hey i stripped the colour out of my hair 2days ago,and it turned a ginger blonde-ish colour,so i decided to die it light blonde, ( it wasnt a bleach!) so i died it light blonde last night and it has tuned out just ginger and darker than when i stripped the colour out 2days ago! ahhh help?! xx i just want it blonde!xx

Favorite Answer

Put a hat on, run to nearest shop that sells good range of hair dye, dye your hair brown. Then in a few weeks, get highlights done, and then every month, get more highlights. Go blonde gradually and you will get a natural result. plus is it healthier for your hair.

If you do dye your hair brown, try to get a medium brown and don't leave it on for the full development time, half the development time will be enough as ore lightened hair absorbs colour more quickly.

Try to get Poly color tint in medium brown, it is only 2 quid a box and is the best at neutralising out ginger/brassy tones.

Hey this happened to my friend just last week and another a month ago, if you really don't like the colour all i can say is go to the hairdressers one of my friends try ed to dye it back and it didn't work, book an appointment, im not joking don't try yourself again i know its expensive but its worth it!

Oh my god!!

this has just happened to me!!

i think i might just go to the hairdressers because im sure they will know what to do :)

how ginger is it? mines like a strawberry blonde all in my roots which looks horrible ahha

good luck!!

• Erika

Assuming you have clearly ginger hair: It relies upon on how mild your hair is. If it is mild ginger, you're able to probable use a ash blonde dye to get the extra blondish shade of hair, whether it is going to blend and look as though dark golden blonde in maximum lighting fixtures. --Do a try on a strand of hair to be sure how properly it works. in case you like the main lifelike blonde shade, you're able to would desire to bleach your hair lighter and tone it down from mild-yellow with a blonde dye. BE clever WITH BLEACH; it may burn you, it may ruin you hair. there is so a lot extra to be attentive to till now bleaching (like how warmth speeds the approach up, so your roots bleach a lot swifter). in case you dye your hair brown, you will purely forestall your hair from having skill to lighten later (putting dyes over dyes could have some terrible outcomes). -----do no longer do it. you're able to finally end up meaning to bleach extra intensely. in case you pass to Sally's, incredibly much all the staff be attentive to what to do. it is better to be attentive to the main you could till now frying your hair like I did! commencing from organic black hair, I used a intense bring up Ash Brown dye that became my hair ginger-mild brown. I had to bleach after to a mild gold-yellow shade and use a darkening ash blonde dye to get it dark blonde/mild brown.

If your going to dye your hair blonde, dont use box dye. Its awful. No matter what kind. Always get it done professionaly when you are wanting to go blonde. Go to the hairdressers and get it fixed.

Spray just a bit of hydrogen peroxide in your hair. This can be found at your home in your disinfectent sprays. DO NOT SPRAY IF IT SAYS MORE THAN 10% OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE Good luck :)

Go to salon and have it fixed before you do further damage.