George asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Why didn't the celtics try this trade instead !?!?

I'm an upset boston celtics fan. We practically traded away our chance for a championship this year to tip toe around the idea for building for the future. I have read arcticles about how danny ainge wanted to get value for perkins so they had somethihng to show for him since he most likely would have signed somewhere else for more money.

Why didn't he look into this!!!!

Send Perkins, Jermaine O'neal and Marquis Daniels for Marcus Camby and Rudy Fernandez of the portland trailblazers????? It makes soooo much sense

Portland would prabebly accept the trade because Perkins is a great big and Portlands been lacking, then in return we get an aging pf/center who as of right now would have fit in PERFECTLY with the celtics starters and defensive skeems. The Celtics in this trade would also land Rudy Fernandez who would nicely spell some minutes for Pierce. WHY NOT LOOK INTO THIS!?

You'd end up with:

Rondo/ Delonte West/ Avery Bradely

Ray Allen/ Von Wafer/ Rudy Fernandez

Paul Pierce/ Rudy Fernandez

Kevin Garnett/ Glen Davis/ Luke Harongody

Marcus Camby/ Shaq/ Semih

You'd also be able to pick up a possible free agent or newly bought out one.

According to ESPN Trade machine this works!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=...

Any thoughts??

• Corey
    Favorite Answer

I hate the celtics. That trade would have worked out great for them, but getting that many pieces to be agreed on would be REALLY tough close to the deadline. I agree that they shouldn't have moved K-perk now. Davis pisses me off more than just about any player in the league. I'm a nuggets fan, so I'm happy they moved perkins and others to allow us to stomp on them tonight with a screwed up roster ourselves.

Objectively, I think the celtics would have been better off just keeping their team intact. I can see where they're coming from though..... They want to minimize their salary and look towards the future because the Celtics have an old team (as far as stars) that needs to bring in some rookies to help their future. Rondo is their future. They need to focus on him to bring stars to Boston and I think it would have helped their chances a lot if they would have won the championship this year. I think their chances are diminished, but not eliminated now.

The trade you proposed sounds good. Unfortunately for Danny Ainge he didnt think it through. He lost the height he had in his team. Not only is Kendrick Perkins gone but now Semih Erdan and Luke Harangody are gone as well which were also pretty tall guys who could play some minutes. The Lakers now have a huge size advantage on them that will benefit them quite well come playoff time. I still think the Celtics got a shot at the finals but so do the Bulls now since the only bigs the Celtics got are Shaq, beat up jermaine, and no defense nenad krstic.

Source(s): Lakers fan

wow, thats actually pretty clever, are all their contracts expiring, cuz one of the main reasons why perkins was actually traded was because his contract was going to expire anyways, and he wanted a lot of money for an extention or somethin like that, so instead of giving perkins out for free, they took the deal of gettin jeff green instead, who the boston celtics liked a long time ago, when he was coming right into the NBA

• ?

Jermiane and Marquis are battling injuries while perk just got out from it. Celtics could really benefit from this trade but Portland will find it hard to like this trade.

complete fail. jajajaja. no one will answer you since they lost to the nuggets and are sad asleep. lol