What happens if 2 neutrinos collide?

I know it's extremely unlikely, however; I just wondered do they pass though each other, or create mass destruction?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

that is true. however if a neutrino collided with its antiparticle the neutron, there would be an explosion that would release energy. i wouldn't go as far as to say we're f***ed because on the scale of a single neutron/neutrino there is not enough substance to turn into energy to create destruction on a large amount. however we would be able to observe what happens.

• Luke6 years agoReport

Neutrons are not the aniparticles of neutrinos... that would be the antineutrino. Please don't misinform others. Thank you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

They probably do all the time.

Nothing really happens because the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle makes it such that such an event cannot be observed to enough precision for it to actually result in anything observable.

In otherwords...we can't even claim with enough certainty that such a collision happened.

• 9 years ago

Since neutrino:neutrinos :: electron:electron it would just be like an electron colliding with another.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

We're all ******

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.