Matt
Matt asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 decade ago

What Is Your All Time Favorite Novel?

And what is your Sign?

I am an Aries and my favorite novel is Lord of the Flies by William Golding.

@Endora: Its excellent. An incredible social experiment. Very dark too. If you get it just remember that I am Ralph. :P

@Mr. Scorpio: You ROCK!!!! I love the Mortal Instruments!!!!! I can't wait for City of Fallen Angels!!!!!!

Luke is the best character!!!!!!

@Diablo: I know I just had to read it for my 11 grade English. :) We had to read that and Lord of the Flies. I prefer Lord of the Flies though.

@Mr.Scorpio: Of course I like it. :P Yeah Simon is a little soap opera esque. I like Alec a lot too but thats mostly because he is gay. Lol.

@Scorpio Girl: thanks. :)

@Mr.Scorpio: You know there is a prequel trilogy too right? Set in Victoria England.

@Scorpio Girl: Damn straight. :)

@Mr.Scorpio: No I haven't read that. Do you read Artemis Fowl? Because that is a series that is excellent. I like as much as the Mortal Instruments. Its more sci-fi than fantasy and its European and not American and the supporting characters are a little below average. But the main character Artemis is one of the best and most original characters I have ever see. He carries the series on his back.

Its a lot longer than the Mortal Instruments too. It has 7 books.

@Mr.Scorpio: Really? I think he is great. He is very dark and serious. But the stuff he pulls off is legendary. And towards the end of the series he starts to become much more benevolent. I recommend you read the first book at least. At the beginning he is extremely arrogant and pompous but he so damn smart!!!! You hate him and respect him at the same time. He starts off as an anti-hero.

@Mr.Scorpio: You will not be disappointed. Me and you like everything else together. :P

@Mr.Scorpio: I do. But I prefer Facebook. Lol. Can you give me that instead?

@Mr.Scorpio: There are a hundred Longshots!!!!! How about you add me? I am matty4155.

• Lv 4
    Favorite Answer

The Mortal Instruments series-Cassandra Clare.

OMG! You liike it toooo!!!??? Ethan you are awesome!!!! Greek Mythology AND my allt ime favorite series!!!!?????? I can't wait for it either, looovvveeee itttt!!!!

Luke was cool, my least favorite character is Simon, he intruded so much, and when he became a vampire he seamed too dramatic. Favorites are Clary and Jace.

Alec is cool because he never interrupts in anything, like in a bad way. But he really ticked me off when he pushed Clary against the wall. I was starting to hate him from that point on, but when they started giving him a nicer way of being, he seems nicer now. I also like Isabelle, she is always beautiful, and deadly. A young roseXD Have you read the alchemist, as in the story by Michael Scott? Really good series, but not as intense. Its mainly focused on the history, I love geography because of that book now.

Ik, I read the first book. Clockork angel, I think? It wasn't as good. I can't even remember the characters names right=\ I liked the Lady of, what was her name. The sexy vampire woman. I remember Tess, Will, Jem, none of the others.

I've heard of Artemis Fowl, and it seems a little too dark for my taste, I love dark, dreary mansions, they seem so abstract sometimes=\ I even love the word=O lol

But the main character seems too serious. I read on wikipedia.

I started with Percy Jackson, at that age I got obsessed with the book. Now I think its too childish. Thats the only bad thing about my favorite series, I shun more books than I used to. I tried reading Vladimir Todd, but once I started reading the first few pages, I closed the book and gave it to someone else. I'd spent 15 dollars on that book for nothing=D

I'll try reading it. My favorite genre are Comedy, Romance, and Horror at the same time.

Ok, thanks Ethan, I'll read them btw, you got Skype? Add me, I'm longshot.

• Erika

i do no longer think of i've got ever examine a teenager novel, which could be ironic thinking i'm 17 and function purely been heavily examining for some years. For some reason, the style I examine maximum is technology fiction. i do no longer plan it this type, and that i'm uncertain that i could even say sci-fi is my prominent style. I purely ensue to love some writers that often shop on with sci-fi. working example, Philip ok. Dick is one in all my favorites; by him, i've got examine "Do Androids Dream of electric powered Sheep?" and "A Scanner Darkly". "A Scanner Darkly" has fewer sci-fi components and delivers extra emotion than DADoES, yet the two are stunning. additionally, "The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury is quite unfashionable, which i admire. It became into written the 1950's and has numerous classic sci-fi components, yet is likewise very mature in its portrayal of human (and alien) emotion. i'm at the instant examining "evaluate Phlebas" by Iain M. Banks, that's extra cutting-area (1980's). It has an exceptionally gritty, mature style if that's what you're into.

• Sarah*

To the asker- Lord of the Flies is a really good book. I had to read that in Summer 2006 for AP English, and I thought I would hate it since I had to read it for school. But I didn't. Whenever I think of that book, I think of the pig head with flies.

I don't have a favorite, but I am fond of Harry Potter and I really like books by Phillpa Gregory. She has a string of novels dating back to the Medieval and Renaissance time dealing with English royalty.

I just recently finished 3 Stephen King novels. Carrie, The Shining, and Pet Sematary. They, are, spectacular. I highly recommend them for everyone. If I had to choose though, I'd go with "The Shining". Carrie seemed fantastic, until I read the second one..You get the drift. [;

I've heard that the movie wasn't good, but the book definitely is. I was captivated, and it was very intriguing the way King portrayed the character's thoughts in such a vulgar but refreshing way. It was chilling, passionate, and romantic, the key ingredients (in my opinion) to any successful literature.

Source(s): Leo.

My favorite books ever:

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

Candide by Voltaire

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

If I had to pick just one, then I'd say the Neverending Story. Just an amazing book and it was actually really deep. The movie didn't even scratch the surface.

Source(s): Virgo

Zane-Addicted. Michael Baisden-Maintenance man

Leo Aries Taurus

The Brothers Karamazov

Sagittarius

• .

Well, I'm in 8th grade and my class just finished reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. So currently that's my favorite novel.

Source(s): Taurus

Most of the epic poems except the Iliad and Aeneid. My favorites are The Odyssey, Paradise Lost, The Divine Comedy. Actually the Aeneid was pretty good.

Source(s): Cancer

Cold Mountain

Capricorn