Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

why is it CRT had resolution higher than 1080P but not LCD?

Most 99% of TV;s and computer monitors do not have resolution higher than

1920x1080 the 1080P.

Only some CRT have much higher resolution but you cannot find these monitors in

the store it is not for the public.

Like the iMac are bright and sharp do to it it is LED and has a resution goes is

2560 x 1440 .I never seen computer monitors go higher than 1920x1080 the 1080P .

I also think some of the macbook pro go that high too??

These are not for the public the highest is 1920x1080 the 1080P .Only 1% of

computer monitors go higher than 1920x1080 but these are not for the public.

LED and Plasma is better than LCD .

3 Answers

Relevance
  • pdl756
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

High resolution CRT's are expensive, bulky, heavy and power hungry compared to flat panels. That's enough reasons to limit their market share, don't you think?

As for the "Only 1% of computer monitors go higher than 1920x1080 but these are not for the public." ....you can buy high res monitors from Dell and HP all day long, and probably others as well.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c...

http://www.hp.com/sbso/busproducts_monitors-perfor...

Usually, very high res monitors cost considerably more than the two industry standards (1080 and 720), and since most broadcast TV and media formats have a max res of 1080 (including Blu-Ray), the very high res monitors are not a cost effective choice for Joe Average.

• 4 years ago

do not pay that a lot for the LG. surprising purchase likes to push LG with the aid of the undeniable fact that's stacked with income. yet mutually do not compromise on high quality. have you ever evaluation shopped everywhere? genuinely there are more beneficial shops on your section which have television's. If no longer, it may likely be nicely worth yourcontinual to bypass to a substantial city the position you may shop round somewhat. Circuit city and Sears both have television's on the floor to seem at. I continuously propose buying from someone who works on fee. those salespeople are a lot more beneficial desirous to thrill because if you aren't from now on inspired, they don't seem to be making any money. also, fee salespeople will be prepared to grant a fee spoil on a television with the intention to earn your company. have you ever tried samsung, sharp, sony? those are 3 different tremendous television manufactures. you'd be effective that you aren't from now on compromising high quality. in case you want to evade dropping money, do not pay for installation, or the extreme priced cables. i'd likely get the prolonged plan. although the others are not needed. They merchandise the $100 and fifty-$2 hundred cables ok, yet they do have some $50-$seventy 5 cables tucked back in the nook. you gained't see a distinction. in the top, inspite of you do, do not pay ordinary retail fee. The shops choose your company. they'll provide a more beneficial fee on the television in case you call for it. There "sale" fee is basically a fragment of the lower price they could provide. in the journey that they do no longer choose, basically basically bypass to a competitor.

• -DC-
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't know where you got your facts but most computer monitors do well over 1080p and all HDTVs do at least 1080p (since that's the highest supported by HDTV standards).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.