Bass Tracker or Lowe?

Looking to purchase a new 16ft mod v bass boat,with a 20hp motor due to lake regulaions,prefer a 4 person capacity. have looked at Lowe skorpion ( 3 per )and stinger (4 Per) and a Bass tracker Pro 165 ( 4 Per ).Have heard good things concerning Lowe Boats,,,not so great concerning Bass Tracker. was wondering if anyone out in cyber world had an opinion?

• David
    Favorite Answer

I would go with the Lowe.

• aziz

Bass Tracker 160

Bass Tracker Pro 160

I just purchased a Lowe FM 175 DC. Looked at both Tracker and Lowe in similar models at the local boat show two weeks ago. Seems to me that Lowe is stepped up a notch in quality over the Tracker. If your going to run on big water with lots of chop go with the Lowe. If your running in a relatively smooth water the Tracker will work. I noticed that Lowe boats are real popular in states around the Great Lakes. Figure if they can handle the big lakes then the Lowe boat will do fine in my local lakes. If you go with the Tracker get the upgrade for the motor. Tracker always under powers there entry level boats to keep the price down. Example: The Tracker came with a 90hp standard while the Lowe came with a 115hp. The same size and weight boats but one with a smaller motor. Also look at the used boat market. You won't fine many used Lowe boat available. They tend to sell themselves rather quickly when they come on the market. On the other hand I think every marina in North America has a used Tracker in inventory.

Well, it really depends on your budget.

If I were you I'd look at the Sea-Ark and Alumacraft models before laying all that money down on a Tracker or Lowe. You might pay a bit more, but those boats have an excellent reputation- and you'll appreciate their durable design 5-6 years later.

- Sea Ark- http://www.seaarkboats.com/boat.php?measure=Standa...

-Alumacraft- http://www.alumacraft.com/2011-models/17-16-15-all...

Here is some good "general" advice- NEVER buy a new boat. A good used boat will work just as good as a new one. And with the money you'll save you can purchase tackle and other boating accessories. Also, for the price of a new boat you can get a LONGER/WIDER used boat- allowing more people and comfort.

Check Craigslist in your area. With the economy in a major nose-dive people are unloading boats all the time.

Also, NEVER buy a boat on "time". A boat depreciates 30% the moment you take it off the lot; and in 2 years it will only be worth about half of what you originally paid. It's ALWAYS a better bet to pay cash. No one wants to pay the upkeep on a boat AND a $300 a month boat payment.

Hope this helps ya?

l like both companies. they are both good quality and have nice features.