Byrdman asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 9 years ago

Rate my fantasy baseball team!!!?

First fantasy baseball team of the year. 10 man, H2H, ESPN.com league with a snake draft, I had the 9th pick.

Batters -

C: Buster Posey (SF)

1B: Joey Votto (Cin)

2B: Brandon Phillips (Cin)

3B: Pablo Sandoval (SF)

SS: Troy Tulowitzki (Col)

2B/SS: Starlin Castro (ChC)

1B/3B: Placido Polanco (Phi)

OF: Andrew McCutchen (Pit)

OF: BJ Upton (TB)

OF: Carlos Quentin (CWS)

OF: Rajai Davis (Tor)

OF: Andres Torres (SF)

Util: Franklin Gutierrez (Sea)

Pitchers -

SP: CC Sabathia (NYY)

SP: Josh Johnson (Fla)

SP: David Price (TB)

SP: John Danks (CWS)

SP: Madison Bumgarner (SF)

SP: Edinson Volquez (Cin)

RP: Joakim Soria (KC)

RP: Carlos Marmol (ChC)

RP: JJ Putz (Ari)

Bench -

OF: Dexter Fowler (Col)

3B/OF: Garrett Jones (Pit)

SP: Gavin Floyd (CWS)

Favorite Answer

For a first year player, this is a great team.

Your C and IF are great. Considering the lack of depth at middle infield, you did great with Phillips, Tulo, and Castro. Polanco is pretty bad, so I'd try to pick up someone like Edwin Encarnacion or trade for a cheap option like Mark Reynolds, Adam LaRoche, or Ian Stewart, considering you kinda lack power. The OF has talent, but it's a bit incomplete. Having Davis and Upton on the same team is not that good of an idea when you already have Torres, McCutchen, and Phillips. I'd try and move them and get someone like Curtis Granderson or Drew Stubbs, underrated guys who will contribute in power without sacrificing runs and speed. Gutierrez needs to go. He's a no-no. Even someone like Carlos Lee would be an improvement. The rotation is good(3 solid aces), but JJ is injury-prone so I'd be careful. Danks is a good second-tier pitcher. Also MadBum will probably be limited this season as he's young and threw 100 more innings last year than any other year. Volquez is inconsistent, so I'd look into getting cheap starter depth, like Wandy Rodrigeuz, Daniel Hudson, or Jamie Garcia. The bench is meh..

But overally, for your first year, good job! Good luck and contact me if u need any help!

Wow, who let you draft that team, haha. Very balanced and love that you got tulo later in the first round. posey is a beast and so is votto. and you have clutch SPs at the top of your rotation. You'll do well barring injuries. id say 9 out of 10

• aziz

in case you % my honest opinion, im no longer gonna get ultimate answer. your going to grant ultimate answer to whoever says "wow ur team is a 10/10 so sturdy omg i admire you". properly, I must be honest, your team is perhaps going to be scuffling with to stay clear of ultimate place on your league. prince fielder is quite super, yet ur following few possibilities have been questionable. crawford is sturdy for uncomplicated and steals, yet no longer lots else. mags is quite sturdy too, yet thats approximately it. polanco is a a million stat guy, johjima is a 0 stat guy, lowell is ageing, renteria has on no account been that super plus he's ageing. your pitching team has smoltz, hudson, then rubbish. rafael soriano is sturdy, yet you have in uncomplicated terms like 4 sturdy gamers on your team. my team in a 12 guy league has a-rod, bj upton, garrett atkins, curtis granderson, bobby abreu, hideki matsui on offense, which might in certainty injury yours. my pitching team includes john lackey, fracisco liriano, james shields, this is larger than yours too. im no longer in uncomplicated terms attempting to gloat, yet i'm hoping your league is a sixteen guy league in any different case your no longer prevailing something except you sign this years ryan braun