Do all puppies go through a biting phase?

I have an 8.5 week old male Shiba Inu. When I wake up in the morning he is VERY excited. He jumps on me and starts biting me really hard. I have scratches all up and down my arms from his teeth. His tail is wagging and he is hoping around so I know he's happy. Why does he do this? Is he just overly excited? I... show more I have an 8.5 week old male Shiba Inu. When I wake up in the morning he is VERY excited. He jumps on me and starts biting me really hard. I have scratches all up and down my arms from his teeth. His tail is wagging and he is hoping around so I know he's happy. Why does he do this? Is he just overly excited? I love the little guy but it's getting really aggravating and painful. Will he grow out of this?

(He has tons of toys, get two walks everyday, and has two cats in house that he plays with. I know he's not bored or under stimulated.)