Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What Jesus had to say about Idol worship?

Did Jesus said anything about Idol worship, that is so rampant in Hindus

http://www.ekhichdi.com/b/Islam,-the-Modern-World,...

Update:

@Romans, Muslims do not worship the black rock. Do you see that black rock in your country? Muslims face towards it while praying, and they worship one ALLAH!

No begotten son nor does he begets.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

God condemns idol worship throughout the Bible. This includes the idols of Jesus. No one knows how Jesus looked like. God condemns worshiping sun, moon and "the hosts of heaven". He says to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” Read John 4: 21-24.

• 4 years ago

Actually Jesus never said anything about idols nor idol worship. There are a variety of places in the bible where idols and idol worship are addressed. The Old Testament would be your best source on this topic; starting with the 2nd and 3rd of the 10 Commandments would be a good starting place. Paul also talks about idols a good bit.

However, to answer your questions directly ("What Jesus had to say about Idol worship?"): Nothing. The bible contains no quotes by Jesus on the topic of Idols nor Idol Worship.

• tim davis3 years agoReport

Revelation 9:20
      And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

~Jesus, this one in a vision

• 9 years ago

IDOL WORSHIP IS ALL AROUND, IF you don't worship God and you give undivided attention to other things Ahead of God it's considered a form of worship.

Regarding idols, the Bible says: “A mouth they have, but they cannot speak; eyes they have, but they cannot see; ears they have, but they cannot hear.” Then it adds this sobering warning: “Those making them will become just like them”—lifeless!—Psalm 115:4-8.

Idol worship is also an act of injustice. Ask yourself, ‘How would I feel if I gave my child an expensive gift and he walked away and thanked a total stranger or even a lifeless object?’ That may help you to appreciate how our Creator and Life-Giver feels when others—including lifeless idols—receive the credit and worship that are due him.—Revelation 4:11.

Think, too, how degrading it is for a human—made in God’s own image—to venerate an inanimate object! (Genesis 1:27) Concerning some who did just that, the prophet Isaiah wrote: “To the work of one’s hands they bow down, to that which one’s fingers have made. And earthling man bows down and man becomes low, and you [Jehovah God] cannot possibly pardon them.”—Isaiah 2:8, 9.

What makes false worship even more offensive to God is that it is, in reality, the worship of demons—God’s enemies. When the Israelites abandoned Jehovah for idols, “they went sacrificing to demons, not to God,” says Deuteronomy 32:17.

Then there are the more subtle forms of idolatry. Covetousness is idolatry (Col 3:5), since the object of an individual’s cravings diverts affection from the Creator and thus, in effect, becomes an idol. Instead of serving Jehovah God in faithfulness, a person can become a slave to his belly, that is, to fleshly desire or appetite, and make this his god. (Ro 16:18; Php 3:18, 19) Since love for the Creator is demonstrated by obedience (1Jo 5:3), rebellion and pushing ahead presumptuously are comparable to acts of idolatry.—1Sa 15:22, 23.

Who OR What may I ask Do You Worship???

@ Message... Lots of people Saw Jesus (bible talks about him walking around and talking to people), No Man Has Ever Seen God and Lived Exodus 33:20

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You are highly misinformed. Intelligent Hindus do not and I repeat DO NOT worship idols. We believe in One Divine being that has limitless forms thus the invention of gods and goddesses who in reality just forms of that one divine being. Also our idols are not worshiped for what they are but what they symbolize i.e. the Divine One. They aid in our devotional concentration they way watching a beautiful waterfall aids in relaxation.

So many ppl are quick to call Hindus idol worshipers WITHOUT doing the proper research.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

Idol worship is a huge offense to God. And it's not just the Hindus - http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/R...

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Some of the idols that Jesus warned against are rampant in the U.S. neighbor.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You mean like the big black rock that Muslims bow down and worship 5 times a day?

Add that to your comment on Hindus.

Peace be with you

<<<Devout Catholic>>>

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

he doesn't say anything about it because he is an IDOL himself

Source(s): logic
  • He said don't do it. That one fella killed a dude who was gonna do it, when the Romans brought idols to their village. Started the Maccabees.

• 9 years ago

he would say we have free will and if we love singing we can watch Americal Idol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.