how to calculate curl((r_)/r^3)?

the r_ inside the braket means vector r,I dont know how to write it proper.

Some onw please help!

• kb
    Favorite Answer

r = <x, y, z>, ||r|| = (x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-1/2)

So, we need to compute

curl <x(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-1/2), y(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-1/2), z(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-1/2)>

= < -yz(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-3/2) + -yz(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-3/2),

-zx(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-3/2) + zx(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-3/2),

-xy(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-3/2) + xy(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^(-3/2)>

= <0, 0, 0>.

I hope this helps!

Chance is easier to Calculate more than Destiny because you can create or plan your own Chance. Let's say I was interested in this guy next door and he was interested in me; all I have to do is calculate when he's outside or when we'll run into each other and go for it. It's all about putting 2 & 2 together and making 4. The Chances in calculating Chance has to do with what risks you are willing to take and what you're trying to prove to yourself or the other person involved. Destiny happens at least three times or at least once for the lucky at heart. We as humans, believe that our Destiny is already chosen for us but it's not so because when we take chances, we are choosing our Destiny. But the thing that people don't understand is that their Destiny is something that will follow them throughout this life, their afterlife, and their next life.

I got the same except for the II r II is II r II^3 so wouldnt it be (x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^-3/2 to start with and then (x^2 + y^2 + z^2)^-5/2 when differentiated?? The answer comes out to the same <0,0,0> but working is slightly different? Is this right? :)

Source(s): my brain

j