best front loading washing machine to buy in india ?

I live in India with 6 members in family and planning to buy a Front Loading Washing Machine which can work smoothly with hard water and able to wash and dry clothes 100% . Ps suggest me which best machine I can purchase as soon as possible

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My experience says LS is one of the best in the lot.

You should buy a fully automatic one. But it does not dry the clothes 100%

Had heard that some new machines are being launched in India which does that, but since they will be early stage, would be very expensive.

You may need to get a separate dryer, if 100% is a must.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I am using IFB Front Load machine since last 10 years and we have had no complaints. I have not even signed up AMC in last 7-8 years but it never required service. A real workhorse. Now it is coming to end of life and I am planning to change it most probably with another IFB.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

LG Front Load Washing Machine is best when it comes to heavy duty.it is 100% good and can dry the clothes fully.

• TUSSY
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

hi freind,

ur choice is perfect that front loading washing machine's wash quality is best that other machine.

actually IFB is real innovator of front loading machine and it have good range in front loading machine however LG hv launch very good range in front loading name tromm with extra feature.

as per 6 member, 7 kg is best capacity machine match.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Here in the UK almost all automatics are front-loaders and we think they give a better wash: they are certainly easier to unload because you just put the basket in front of the door to take stuff out, instead of having to lift washing out. I'd also suggest getting a combi washer/tumbledryer if you are short on time. I can't suggest brands because I don't know what you have on sale in your country.

• 6 years ago

Choosing W/Machine

Jun. 26, 2014

Choosing a Washing Machine - Some Fundamentals

Thanks for all the likes and comments on 'choosing a Fridge'.

The next preferred appliance in the heirarchy of acquisition , is the Washing Machine. To understand our best buy , let us understand the dynamics of washing a little:

Why do clothes get dirty ? Because , sweat , salts , oil from the body , and dust , fumes , soot , smoke and pollutants from our environment , gets entangled in the fine fibres of the fabric .

What happens when you wash clothes with water and detergent ? The detergent is a chemical , that acts in the presence of water (which acts as a catalyst or facilitator by dissolving the chemical detergent) , to break down the entangled dirt particles. And the physical action of your hand scrub , or the maid's brush , or the washerman's splash on the stones , removes the broken up dirt , to clean up the pores and the fabric.

So what all does the washing machine change ? Well , the water and the detergent still are needed . What changes , is the physical action required to push out the dirt . Along with the same , the type of washing machine you choose , also decides the level of convenience you achieve in terms of soaking , rinsing the detergent , and drying without the involvement of your own , your maid's or your washerman's physical action.

This brings us down to the basics of what type of machine you could choose.

(a)The starters , single person households or small (read two adult , lots of spare time) families , might go with avery basic washer , which purely removes the pain of soaking the clothes in soap , and churning them to remove the dirt. The rinsing , wringing out the water , and drying in the sun needs to be done later. In lighter vein , these machines are known more as 'lassi churning machines' in north India , more than complete washing machines.

(b)Thus the very basic category of machine , could be called as the twin tub or the semi automatic machine , with offers of capacities of 5/6/7/8 Kg dry load. Dry load is the stated capacity of dry clothes that the machine can take. (For very rough calculations , a double bed sheet is around 1250 grams , a shirt is close to 250 grams , a saree might be 400 grams , and a blanket might weigh 2500 grams). For a household of 4 persons , the daily (dry) load is going to be nearly 3.5kgs to 4.5 kgs . Add to this the load of alternate day laundry like towels , weekly laundry like bed linen , etc. in a 4 member household the daily load peaks at about 6.5 to 7 kgs. The capacity of the machine should thus be based upon the washing frequency that you wish to deploy. For a daily wash , a 6 kgs machine is good enough , but for washing on alternate days , even an 8 kg machine would not work in a single wash . The twin tub washing machine provides you the convenience to soak , wash and rinse in one tub. Physical intervention is required to remove the clothes to the second tub for rinse , and spin drying. After spin dry , a sun drying effort is required to bring clothes to iron / use level of readiness.

(c)The fully automatic or top loading single tub washing machine , is normally a complete convenience equipment , which enables soaking , washing , rinsing and drying in one single tub. The wash capacity remains fundamentally same , as applicable for a single tub , except that the tub for spin drying too is the same , and not smaller , as in case of a semi automatic machine , thus needing no physical intervention or shift for rinsing out soap , and drying. The need to dry out in sun or air after the complete cycle of wash , rinse and spin , remains the same as for a semi automatic washing machine.

(d)The tumble wash , or kost commonly called the front loading machine, is the costliest in the category of washing machines , because it provides additional convenience of maintaining the texture of the clothes , and creating an environment of thrashing clothes on a water bed , which provides the cleanest wash. In some machines , the drying capability is upto 90% , which makes clothes ironing ready , and thus not needing sun drying after the machine drying in done.

Some user tips :

(a)For a clean wash , it is not essential that water be heated. In tropical countries like India , chances are that the ambient temperatures would be above 25/30 degrees celsius , which are right for best detergent efficiency. Hot water would work additionally as a disinfectant , and hence it might be advisable to wash baby nappies and other hygiene needing clothes in a small load separately , in the interest of energy saving

(b)Bleaching , liquid blue rinse and starch applications are possible with machine wash too , but with physical intervention. Bleaching , and liquid blue application needs segregation of white loads , and application at the beginning and end of wash respectively. Starch application too would be used towards the end. However , all these activities might stain , corrode or clog the equipment. It is always better to get re-assured about the capability of the metal , plastics and elctronic components to withstand such usage , at the time of purchase.

(c)Laundry areas carrying harsh dirt , like collars , hem lines etc. might need a spray of special washing agents , available in super stores , to get fully cleaned , since the machine does not select specific areas for tougher wash

(d)Woolens and silks must ideally be washed separately since they need gentle wash . And clothes which are susceptible to color loss , obviously need separate handling.

Write back to inform if the article has been of value. Seek more information on : vivekkgind@yahoo.co.in

Vivek Kumar Gupta

• 6 years ago

Buy any thing else but never buy an IFB product.

I bought IFB 8kg front loader one month back and experienced their extremely poor pathetic and delayed customer care service. Issue is still pending and the same can happen with you.

Beware of an IFB product.

Will never recommend it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You should buy an IFB frontloasd washing machine.

I have been using it and and it works like charm for me...

for more information log on to www.ifbappliances.com

• My experience I about IFB is just opposit. Every two months I have faced all sorts of problem. Fortunately it has warranty of 4 years under a scheme. I will have to go for some other make. Good bye IFB

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

ifb washing machine best performance 5year ago

• 9 years ago

Videocon or Whirlpool also TCL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.