Why will the use of "green" wind electric raise costs for Rhode Island's taxpayers?

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/wind-power-will-...

I thought "green" would make it affordable? Can people in these tight economic times afford the increases?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Another Obama lie. But GE made a fortune off of us taxpayers with their China built wind turbines.

It's good to bribe the president.

Where is Joe Wilson when we need him!

I remember the nuts telling us that fossil fuels pollution was blocking out the sun and will lead us into another ice age.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Noone ever said it would be more affordable for us to "go green". This is one of the little things that these "Go Green" proponents always leave out of their rhetoric. Wind farms are not efficient either. It takes approximately 233 of the largest wind-turbines to replace an average coal energy plant. These wind turbines need to be space about 300 meters apart and there can be no trees, structures, etc. in close proximity. This means that thousands of acres of forest need to be razed in order to place the windmills.. (Green?) Also, the wind turbines have a short lifespan of 20 years at the high end of estimations. Replacing them in 20 years will be very expensive. They will only operate within a specified range (too windy or not enough wind they sit idle).

• 9 years ago

The amount of land needed to produce enough electricity would be huge.This land would then be unavailable for farms,businesses or housing.And I'm sure the taxes would be much lower.Add to that the cost of connecting all the turbines to a power grid and the fact that the wind needs to be blowing consistently at a certain speed and it would appear you still need a back up system.So my answer would be yes,the people of Rhode Island will pay more for electricity and higher taxes to subsidize the wind farm when the wind is enough to produce electricity.

• 9 years ago

New technology costs more at first. Perhaps you remember how much the really crappy computers from the 80's and 90's cost? Now I can get one that blows those out of the water for a quarter of their original price.

What gave you the idea that using green energy was necessarily cheaper? Its cleaner and better in the long run not necessarily cheaper. Not to mention the fact that creating these wind farms will generate jobs, since they require people to work in them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

All Pie in the Sky BS, From the progressive side of life. They always throw their

saddle on the wrong horse, and when they wind up riding it into hell. They blame

it on Bush.

• 9 years ago

Heck yes it will green is the color of the money they are throwing to the wind with that expensive energy

Source(s): Beware of impersonators, and please report clones, demand the real level 7 Paul Grass May God bless you ,the USA and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelosi & Reid.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Somebody has to pay for building the wind turbines.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Very few green projects lower costs but the liberals love um.Inefficiency is there way.

• Fossil fuel prices are artificially low, because they don't include the cost of the global warming they cause.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Green wind sounds like something that happens after eating beans and peppers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.